Metro Detroit Crime Report -- May 15, 2019
Vandals smash nearly every window of vacant outlet center
A Monroe outlet center that's trying to rehab itself has had a major setback after vandals smashed nearly every one of its windows, police said.
The incident happened at the Horizon Outlet Center in Monroe Township, right off of I-75. The damage is extensive, but officials hope surveillance pictures can help them find those responsible.
Blood trail leads homeowners to baseball bat attack victim who escaped from river
A man and a woman are accused of hitting a man on the head with a baseball bat and throwing him in a river after the owners of a home in Oakland County found the victim bleeding in their bathroom, according to authorities.
Crime by county
- Woman killed, 2 men hurt when gunman opens fire on Detroit's east side, police say
- Dearborn man arrested up north for having loaded rifle in van, police said
- Detroit man to spend at least 27 years in prison for killing his wife, mother of 5
- Detroit police: Carjacking at school and armed robbery on city's west side connected
- 44-year-old woman robbed in parking lot on Detroit's west side, police say
- Armed man steals woman's car on Detroit's west side, police say
- Canton teenager accused of speeding through red light before deadly head-on crash
- Detroit man charged in nonfatal shooting near Grand Circus Park
- Ex-state trooper sentenced to 5-15 years for role in Detroit teen's deadly ATV crash
- CAIR: Man who tried to enter Canton mosque wearing Muslim woman's attire is no threat
- 24-year-old woman killed outside Detroit home Sunday morning
- Gunman in fatal Detroit shooting Mother's Day weekend wanted by police
- Woman fatally shot in the head at Detroit home overnight
- Home invasion suspect shocked with Taser after foot pursuit on Detroit's west side
- Mother, 3 children carjacked at gunpoint by man Detroit police consider armed and dangerous
- 17-year-old shot in Inkster during attempted armed robbery
- Man scares off would-be thieves with BB gun in Detroit's Boston Edison neighborhood
- Farmington man charged in connection with Greektown shooting that injured 3
- Detroit building left unsecured after authorities discover marijuana grow operation after fire
- Police arrest gunman in Friday morning Detroit shooting
- Police: Man stabbed multiple times after meeting date at White Lake golf course
- Man tries to steal 48 clothing items from TJ Maxx in Bloomfield Township, police say
- 2019 Honda Accord stolen from Bloomfield Township car dealership
- Medical records found dumped in Southfield
- Driver hits construction worker installing sign on shoulder of I-96 in Oakland County, police say
- Michigan State Police raid home of Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith
- Karen Spranger's probable cause hearing adjourned until May 28
- New Macomb County task force aims to tackle animal abuse
- Man, woman shot in Clinton Township during struggle over gun
- Eastpointe woman frustrated after burglar kicks in side door, steals electronics, rent money
- Mail carrier needs surgery after dog attack in Washington Township, officials say
- Thieves steal veteran's motorized bicycle from Eastpointe home
- Eastpointe residents concerned about recent string of break-ins
- Woman slaps 70-year-old during argument over gas pumps in New Baltimore, police say
View the full Crime News section at ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/crime.
Manage your ClickOnDetroit newsletter subscriptions here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.