ClickOnDetroit Morning Report -- May 22, 2019
DETROIT – Here is the ClickOnDetroit Morning Report for May 22, 2019.
Help Me Hank talked to a police officer and a judge to find out the best ways to handle a traffic stop and traffic court in Michigan.
A new report finds Michigan's rural roads and bridges are in need of serious repairs.
The report finds that 16 percent of Michigan’s rural roads are rated in poor condition – the 19th highest rate in the nation - and 18 percent are rated in mediocre condition.
And then there were FOUR: The fourth round of the Local 4 Burger Bracket is live and voting will be open until Friday. Vote here.
With May being Mental Health Awareness Month, Local 4 is dedicating special coverage in all newscasts Wednesday to this important topic.
If you plan on shooting off fireworks this Memorial Day weekend, there's some changes to Michigan's firework laws that you need to know about.
Metro Detroit temps are in the mid 40s to low 50s under mostly cloudy skies as you head out and those rain showers will hold off until about 8am give or take an hour. Morning rain and thundershowers will bring scattered downpours too and this will not be an all day deal.
Find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines:
- Detroit police surveillance leads to seizure of ATVs, minibikes on city's east side
- Driver ejected from vehicle after hitting tree in Grosse Ile
- Authorities: Don't give DNA to people who come to your house asking for it
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford talks about wife's brain surgery: 'It changes your perspective'
- Could Aretha Franklin's newly discovered, handwritten wills hold up in court?
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Michigan Lottery: $1M Mega Millions prize remains unclaimed 8 months after drawing
- Abortion rights activists rally across Michigan in wake of Alabama abortion ban
- Authorities: Man dies after tractor flips in west Michigan
- 7 people accused of making false claims to fund created for Larry Nassar survivors
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
- House Judiciary reviews bills to protect Dreamers, TPS recipients
- Deadly storm brings hail, flooding and 132 reports of tornadoes
- New York bill: State can prosecute people pardoned by President
- Here are all the states pushing to restrict access to abortion
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Help Me Hank
- Map shows average credit score in every state in 2018
- Dos and don'ts of getting pulled over in Michigan, best ways to fight a traffic ticket
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
- NBA Mock Draft: Possible Detroit Pistons targets in first round
- Michigan Sports Hall of Fame announces 2019 inductees
- NFL owners consider proposal tweaking pass interference reviews
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Defenders
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Defenders.
LOCAL 4 Health
- US kids aren't eating enough seafood, study says; here's how to add more
- Outdoor walking meetings boost your mental and physical health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
all 4 Pets
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/pets.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.