ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- May 27, 2019
DETROIT – Here is the ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing for May 27, 2019.
Michigan businessman Dan Gilbert was hospitalized Sunday morning after suffering stroke-like symptoms.
Memorial Day, which honors those who died while in military service, is considered a public holiday in the United States. Therefore, many of the places that people frequent will be closed.
Michigan State Police say a trooper found a dehydrated 6-month-old baby at a motel in the western part of the state in the same room with her dead parents.
Michigan State Police are investigating after a driver said someone fired shots at his vehicle on I-94 in Romulus early Monday.
Sometimes we cook up more food that we actually need for our get-togethers. But how long do those leftovers really last? It's probably not as long as you think.
We should see hazy or foggy conditions through 9 or 10 a.m. and then mostly sunny skies for the first half of today, followed by only partly sunny skies this afternoon and temps in the low 70s.
Find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines:
- Highland Park police officer injured when suspected street racer hits police cars, flees scene
- Deals in Metro Detroit for veterans and military personnel this Memorial Day
- Wrong-way driver in crash near Ann Arbor that killed three identified
- Detroiter devises compromise to get ATVs off city streets safely
- Hamtramck police investigating drive-by shooting
- Detroit man shot after his dog attacks another person's pet
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Michigan Mom one of few female mechanics in IndyCar
- New Michigan fireworks laws: What you need to know this Memorial Day weekend
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- Fiat Chrysler is proposing a merger with French carmaker Renault
- Uncle jailed in case of missing Utah girl
- What you need to know about the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Historic flooding expected as 3.6 million under flash flood watch
- UNC Charlotte shooting victim is finally back home
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Help Me Hank
- Officials warn of misleading online advertising on Memorial Day
- Restaurants offering Memorial Day deals for veterans, active military members
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Defenders
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Defenders.
LOCAL 4 Health
- Drugmaker Teva to pay $85 million to settle Oklahoma opioid lawsuit
- If you're grilling this holiday weekend, avoid these recalled foods
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
all 4 Pets
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/pets.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.