ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- May 28, 2019
DETROIT – Here is the ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing for May 28, 2019.
Michigan State Police are investigating two shootings on I-94 near I-275 that happened within the past 24 hours. Police believe the shootings are connected. In both cases, no one was injured.
🌪️🌪️ Ohio tornadoes
Some pretty severe weather missed us to the south last night. Two suspected tornadoes went through the Dayton, Ohio area.
The business mogul was feeling ill early Sunday and was transported to a hospital by a family friend. While at the hospital Gilbert had a stroke, was treated and moved to recovery in the intensive care unit.
Stay with ClickOnDetroit this week for coverage of the Mackinac Policy Conference. We will live stream most of the programming at the conference from May 28 to May 30.
From Meteorologist Brandon Roux:
Metro Detroit is under a Marginal Risk for Severe Weather later this afternoon and evening. It is a very weak threat, but we may see a few stronger storms near the Ohio Border during the peak heating of the afternoon.
Find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines:
- Karen Spranger's probable cause hearing is today
- Detroit police investigating after 15-year-old shot in leg on city's east side
- Police search for street-racing driver who struck, injured Highland Park officer
- Fiat Chrysler proposes merger with French carmaker Renault
- Detroit police: Teen fatally shot by man trying to steal his sunglasses
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- What is the Mackinac Policy Conference and why should you care?
- Lucky number 3333: Michigan lottery players cash in $5,475,000
- Wrong-way driver in crash near Ann Arbor that killed three identified
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- Tornadoes ripped through Ohio tearing apart homes and damaging schools
- Angela Merkel warns against dark forces on the rise in Europe
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Help Me Hank
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
- Ronny Rodriguez mired in epic slump after carrying Detroit Tigers' offense for a month
- Sports Illustrated brand sold for $110 million
- Bill Buckner, best known for '86 World Series error, dies at 69
- Bruins-Blues rematch 49 years in the making
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Defenders
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Defenders.
LOCAL 4 Health
- E-cigarette flavorings could be harmful to heart, study suggests
- Burnout is an official medical diagnosis, WHO says
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
all 4 Pets
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/pets.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.