SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – Fire crews from Southfield, Ferndale and West Bloomfield responded to a tree trimmer who had been electrocuted by a power line and was stuck in a tree.
The incident happened at about 6 p.m. Saturday.
According to authorities, the tree trimmer connected with a power line near a home on Lexington Parkway. DTE Energy shut down the power while crews removed the body from the tree.
The investigation is ongoing.
DTE Energy released the following statement Saturday night:
We at DTE Energy are deeply saddened to learn that an independent tree trimmer came into contact with one of our power lines while trimming a tree in Southfield and unfortunately passed away. This is a tragic reminder of the importance of safety around power lines. Our thoughts and prayers are with the person’s family and friends.