4 things to watch on Local 4 News Today -- Tuesday, June 18th
Evrod Cassimy: After an amazing Father’s Day yesterday we are back on the air! Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there. My day was spent just the way I liked it: Breakfast with my family (Cinnabuns and coffee—OMG SO GOOD), church, lunch at Carrabbas (Fettuccine alfredo and minestrone soup even better), a family nap and a call to my dad who lives out of state. Does it get any better than that? Father’s Day I know can be especially hard for those who have lost their dad, so it’s always important to recognize those fathers watching over us from heaven along with the single mothers playing the role of mother and father. I hope you day was filled with love.
On Local 4 News Today this morning we took a look back at the OJ Simpson low speed chase.
It happened 25 years ago! I was in 4th grade and don’t remember the chase all that much but I definitely remember the verdict in 1995 and how it impacted our country in terms of race relations. The chase and subsequent verdict are moments in history we will never forget. Plus - Did you hear OJ is now on Twitter??
Tomorrow is Tasty Tuesday! Make sure you join us as we highlight (and taste food) from another delicious Metro Detroit restaurant. We’ll see you bright and early at 4:30 am. We’re on till 7am! See ya then!
Here's what's coming up Tuesday, June 18th, 2019 on Local 4 News Today.
- Watch beginning at 4:30 a.m.
- Sign up for the Morning Show Insider newsletter here!
All Morning -- Weather & Traffic
Brandon Roux: Tuesday will be a little brighter and a little warmer. We will again have lows in the 50s, but highs should soar into the middle and upper 70s tomorrow. We will gradually get more and more sunshine through the late morning and afternoon and some partly sunny to partly cloudy skies will let some neighborhoods flirt with 80°F by the mid to late afternoon. Winds are still light NE/SE 5-10 mph.
- You can get the full forecast here.
Also, Kim DeGiulio will have up update on construction projects and traffic across town.
All Morning -- President Trump's Campaign Kickoff
It's a big week for President Trump. He'll officially launch his big for re-election Tuesday in Florida. We'll look at what he has planned for the week and what poll numbers are saying about the 2020 race for the White House.
6:40 a.m. -- Share Your Ride
Would you let strangers use your card -- for cash? It's a trend that's quickly catching on across the country. See how much money you could make and how ride-sharing works.
6:45 a.m. -- Tasty Tuesday
They call it a little piece of Italy right here in Metro Detroit. They want to feed you something sweet, savory or even spicy. They have sandwiches, deli meats, cheeses, soups, desserts and more. We'll take you there and offer you a deal on their food.
- 2019 Kids Count National Data Book: Where does Michigan rank?
- LEGOLAND Discovery hiring Playmakers
- Volunteer in Detroit with Summer in the City!
- Tommy Schomaker's story -- 14 years and counting ...
- Ten Best: Experience Folk in Detroit's Corktown
Today's Trivia Retake
Every morning at 6 a.m., we ask you a trivia question on Local 4 for a chance to win a prize.
- Monday Question: What does LEGO mean in Danish?
- Answer: Play well
- Be sure to watch daily at 6 a.m. and click this link to enter for a chance to win.
National Days: June 18th
- National Go Fishing Day
National Splurge Day
A Look Back at History: June 18th
- In 1778, American forces entered Philadelphia as the British withdrew during the Revolutionary War.
- In 1812, the War of 1812 began as the United States Congress approved, and President James Madison signed, a declaration of war against Britain.
- In 1948, Columbia Records publicly unveiled its new long-playing phonograph record in New York.
- In 2008: Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said he would bring Osama bin Laden to justice in a way that wouldn’t allow the terrorist mastermind to become a martyr, but that bin Laden might be killed if the U.S. government found him. (Bin Laden was tracked down and slain by U.S. forces in May 2011 during Obama’s presidency.)
- In 2017: Brooks Koepka closed with a 5-under 67 to win the U.S. Open for his first major championship.
Celebrity Birthdays: June 18th
Celebrating a birthday Tuesday? Submit a Sunshine Award here and we could say your name on Local 4 News Today during our 5 a.m. show.
Here's who you're sharing a birthday with --
- Musician Paul McCartney is 77.
- Actress Constance McCashin (”Knots Landing”) is 72.
- Actress Linda Thorson (”The Avengers”) is 72.
- Keyboardist John Evans (The Box Tops) is 71.
- Actress Isabella Rossellini is 67. Actress Carol Kane is 67.
- Actor Brian Benben (”Private Practice”) is 63.
- Actress Andrea Evans (”The Bold and the Beautiful”) is 62.
- Singer Alison Moyet is 58.
- Keyboardist Dizzy Reed (Guns N’ Roses) is 56.
- Country singer-guitarist Tim Hunt (Yankee Grey) is 52.
- Singer Nathan Morris of Boyz II Men is 48.
- Singer-songwriter Ray LaMontagne is 46.
- Rapper Silkk The Shocker is 44.
- Actress Alana de la Garza (”Law and Order”) is 43.
- Country singer Blake Shelton is 43.
- Guitarist Steven Chen of Airborne Toxic Event is 41.
- Actor David Giuntoli (”Grimm”) is 39.
- Actor Jacob Anderson (”Game of Thrones”) is 29.
Get to know the Local 4 News Today team better
Local 4 News Today links
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.