ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Friday, June 21, 2019
Learning more about what caused deadly cement truck rollover crash
Local 4 is learning more about what caused a cement truck rollover crash that left a 39-year-old woman dead in Romulus.
Police said the cement truck overturned on top of the woman's car, completely crushing it at the intersection of Van Born and Merriman roads. Cellphone video shows the immediate aftermath of the crash.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Father in custody
The man who shot and killed a gunman that had earlier shot the man's son was taken into custody Friday.
According to authorities, there was an attempted robbery near Honorah and Pitt streets in southwest Detroit on Thursday while one individual was selling a video game to the man's 15-year-old son. Police said the teenage seller was armed and fired, hitting the other boy -- and that's when the victim's father got his gun and fired back.
Saturday is June 22, and that means Detroit is under a Code 22. For 24 hours on the 22nd day of each month, there is a call for peace. Local 4's Evrod Cassimy spoke with the woman behind the push.
Code 22 has been around for nine years, but it's getting revamped with a renewed effort for peace in Detroit.
The Michigan State University Board of Trustees announced the creation of a new fund to support counseling and mental health services for Larry Nassar survivors.
Trustees selected New Directions Behavioral Health to administer the Counseling and Mental Health Services Fund.
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy has charged Dangelo Darnell Dukes, 25, and Dejah Diane Hogan, 26, both of Detroit, in connection with the fatal shooting of Arthur Reed Boyle, 62, also of Detroit.
On June 13 at around 5:40 p.m., Detroit police were asked to conduct a wellness check in the 4800 block of University Place.
- Michigan baseball dominates Texas Tech to advance to national championship series
- Metro Detroit weekend construction list: Work, closures on I-75, I-94, M-59
- Red Wings NHL draft preview: Who is best available at 6th overall?
- Prosecutor charges Warren shooting suspects in robbery
- Blooming community works to help birds, bees and butterflies
- St. Clair County Animal Control fights overcrowding in shelter
- Livernois Streetscape Project leads to fewer places to park
- 3 Maine sisters retire with a combined 117 years of teaching
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.