ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- July 3, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
DETROIT – ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- July 3, 2019
After the storms last night, DTE Energy said about 36,700 customers didn't have power as of 6:50 a.m. Wednesday. That's up from 30,000 customers without power as of 9 p.m. Tuesday.
This now viral video was taken over the weekend and led to a Macomb County man being arrested and charged. You can see the boat intentionally rams another boat.
Lee Iacocca died Tuesday before 8 a.m. Iacocca joined Ford Motor Co. in 1946 and quickly climbed the ranks. By 1970, he was president, but was later fired by Henry Ford II. Watch the obit here.
Akash Patel, 21, left his home for a walk around 7 p.m. Tuesday. He never returned.
Contrary to popular belief, there are still plenty of viruses going around, and two in particular are especially common even with nice weather. In the summer we don't usually have to contend with influenza -- that is mainly a winter illness -- and it is true that viruses that cause colds are more prominent in the winter. Here's what to watch for.
From Brand Roux: Highs will be in the mid 80s feeling like low 90s and we are all encouraged not to add too much pollution driving, doing lawn care, or working so car pool or ride your bike and avoid using gas powered lawn equipment. Scattered rain and thundershowers will mainly be near the Ohio Border and south through the afternoon, but we should see a few storms popping with the heat of the day.
Find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines:
- Lake St. Clair boat rage video goes viral
- Rising water levels cause problems for Downriver communities
- Auto industry icon Lee Iacocca dies at 94
- Chaotic video shows final moments of Detroit police chase that ended with fatal shooting
- Macomb County boater nearly loses finger at Jobbie Nooner
- Clinton Township police take suspected gunman into custody in Budd Park
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Help Me Hank
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
- Alex Morgan taunts British tea tradition with goal celebration
- 4-star Honolulu WR Roman Wilson commits to Michigan football over host of Pac-12 schools
- Moment of silence held before MLB game in memory of Tyler Skaggs
- Red Wings add Filppula, defenseman and goalie in free agency
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Defenders
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Defenders.
LOCAL 4 Good Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
all 4 Pets
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/pets.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.