ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- July 4, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
DETROIT – ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- July 4, 2019
Rep. Justin Amash, who represents Michigan’s 3rd Congressional District in the U.S. House, wrote in a Washington Post op-ed Thursday morning that he is leaving the Republican party.
Here's a list of stores and restaurants that are open or closed on this 4th of July holiday.
The laws about when fireworks can be used changed this year. Fireworks are permitted from 11 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Here's what to know.
Unfortunately, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality reports 10 beaches in Michigan are currently closed due to high bacteria levels during the Independence Day week. Here's the list.
Brandon Roux: Scattered rain and thundershowers will be popping with the heat of the afternoon and you’ll want to make sure you have a safe spot to dodge a 30 minute shower or two this afternoon because of potential downpours and lightning. Just be prepared, and keep your plans in place.
Find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines:
- Neighbors rush to help rescue family from fire that killed Sterling Heights woman
- Man takes first steps after construction zone accident nearly killed him
- Trooper hospitalized after undercover Michigan State Police car was involved in multicar crash
- Animal rescue at risk of losing building when city puts property up for bid
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Michigan's marijuana agency issues rules on sales, growing
- Funeral announced for 26-year-old woman killed at Traverse City hotel
- 100 and 102-year-old couple weds in town outside of Toledo
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- Live today: July 4 in Washington, Trump's ‘Salute to America' military event
- Fight continues over census citizenship question
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Help Me Hank
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
- Netherlands will face US in Women's World Cup final
- 3-star DE Kris Jenkins Jr. commits to Michigan football over 8 other Big Ten schools
- Ranking every game on the Michigan football schedule from easiest to most difficult
- Jared Lorenzen, former NFL quarterback, has died at 38
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Defenders
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Defenders.
LOCAL 4 Good Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
all 4 Pets
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/pets.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.