Gas-operated clothes dryer to blame for Taylor townhouse fire
DTE spokesperson says dryer wasn't hooked up properly
A townhouse in Taylor exploded Saturday afternoon, blowing the front of the residence completely off.
Photos from the scene show a gaping hole in the middle of the building that is a part of Heritage Glen Townhomes Apartments.
It appears that a gas-operated clothes dryer is to blame. A DTE spokesperson says it looks like the dryer wasn't hooked up properly. Local 4 was there minutes after the explosion, which is still under investigation.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.