ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- July 16, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
DETROIT – ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- July 16, 2019
Dive teams are searching for a missing swimmer at Lakeville Lake in Addison Township. The man is believed to be from out of state and is in his 30s.
A 2-year-old girl from the Monroe area went missing while her family was camping in Northern Michigan, police said. Michigan State Police officials said Gabriella Roselynn Vitale was reported missing around 8:15 a.m. Monday.
An investigation continues into an accident involving a Detroit police vehicle and a pickup truck Tuesday morning on the city’s west side.
The UAW will open 2019 contract talks for a new national agreement with GM at the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The union also will have a handshake ceremony with FCA leaders in Auburn Hills at 1 p.m. Tuesday.
The UAW's negotiations with the three Detroit automakers opened yesterday with a ceremonial handshake with Ford. The union represents about 142,000 workers across the nation.
Brandon Roux: Rain is moving in from the south bringing the best shot at showers between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Here's the full forecast.
Find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines:
- Bystanders step in to stop attempted carjacking at Wyandotte gas station
- Facebook post leads to multistate investigation into man with ties to Walled Lake dance studio
- Wayne-Westland superintendent under investigation files $2 million lawsuit against district
- Downriver man hit, killed by multiple vehicles on I-75 in Monroe County
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
- Congresswomen respond to Tump's tweets; he doubles down
- LA man charged after police found more than 1,000 guns in his home
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Help Me Hank
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
- Detroit no longer front runner for MLS team
- Palace of Auburn Hills collectibles for sale in online auction
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford snubbed in Madden NFL 20 ratings
- Ranking every Big Ten starting quarterback ahead of 2019 season
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
- Scientists have found anorexia linked to metabolism
- More kids entering foster care due to parents' drug use, study says
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
LOCAL 4 Travel
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/all-about-michigan/michigan-travel.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.