Morning Show Insider: Back together again!
From Kim DeGiulio:
Wow! All is right in the world again, Rhonda is back on the air! It’s so good to have her back to work. I remember when she told me she was going to be off for 8 weeks, and I thought to myself “wow I’m really going to miss seeing her every morning.” I know that same feeling was felt all over metro Detroit. With Brandon and Jason off on vacation, we still haven’t all officially been back together on the morning show yet. That will happen next week and I’m super excited about it.
While Rhonda was recovering from her surgery, I have been filling in for her for Fitness Friday. Tomorrow you’ll see on Fitness Friday that I got to visit a gym in my hometown, Dearborn. The owner and I actually went to the same high school. When I first saw him I hardly recognized him because he had lost over 50 lbs. You’ve gotta believe he and the gym are doing something right with weight loss numbers like that!
I’m gearing up for a hot, hot weekend. You won’t see me complaining about these hot temps though. When it gets this hot and I start to get uncomfortable, I just think about the polar vortex days we had over the winter. I would much rather have the extreme heat! Of course I’m always being extra cautious about my water intake and lathering up with lots of sunscreen when I’m outside. Don’t forget to do the same! Have a great day everyone. See you tomorrow.
Watch beginning at 4:30 a.m.
Here's what's coming up Friday, July 19th, 2019 on Local 4 News Today.
All Morning -- 🔥 Dangerous Heat!
An Air Quality Alert, a.k.a. an Ozone Action Day, is in effect for Detroit and Southeast Michigan. We're dealing with potentially record-breaking heat. We're talking triple-digits.
- You can get the full forecast here.
Also, our Kim DeGiulio will help you get around any potential trouble on the roads all morning.
- Check traffic conditions in your neighborhood here.
6:10 a.m. -- 🏋️♀️ Fitness Friday: Weapons 4 Weight Loss
It’s a real weight-loss success story. Kim DeGiulio takes us to a Dearborn gym that’s challenging members and getting results. And the owner is leading by example.
6:40 a.m. -- 🌘 Moon Landing: 50 Years Later and Beyond 👨🚀
On the eve of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, we're taking a look back at that historical day. Plus, we're looking ahead at what's next for humans in space.
6:45 a.m. -- Your Neighborhood
Evrod Cassimy introduces to a young girl whose life was changed by something many of us take for Granted. See how a local non-profit is helpign her and others rebuild thier self-esteem. Have a story you want featured in "Your Neighborhood?" Send suggestions here.
- Rhonda Walker makes tearful return
- What to do if your dog gets heatstroke in extreme weather
- Classic Rock Bracket Round 4: Crowning the best act of the iconic music era
- 3 historic Michigan lighthouses on the Great Lakes to be auctioned
Today's Trivia Retake ❓
Every morning at 6 a.m., we ask you a trivia question on Local 4 for a chance to win a prize.
- Thursday Question: How many years has Rhonda Walker worked in local TV news?
- Answer: 20
- Be sure to watch daily at 6 a.m. and click this link to enter for a chance to win.
📅 National Days: July 19th
- National Daquiri Day
📜 A Look Back at History: July 19th
- In 1595, Astronomer Johannes Kepler has an epiphany and develops his theory of the geometrical basis of the universe while teaching in Graz.
- In 1845, fire in NYC destroys 1,000 homes and kills many.
- In 1848, 1st US women's rights convention held in Seneca Falls NY, organised by Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Lucretia Mott.
- In 1941, British PM Winston Churchill launches his "V for Victory" campaign.
- In 1957, 1st rocket with nuclear warhead fired, Yucca Flat, Nevada.
- in 1969, Apollo 11 goes into Moon orbit.
🎂 Celebrity Birthdays: July 19th
Celebrating a birthday Friday? Submit a Sunshine Award here and we could say your name on Local 4 News Today during our 5 a.m. show.
Here's who you're sharing a birthday with --
- Actor Benedict Cumberbatch is 42.
- Actor Jared Padalecki is 36.
- MMA Fighter Jon Jones is 31.
- Queen Guitarist Brian May is 71.
- Actor Trai Byers is 35.
Get to know the Local 4 News Today team better
Local 4 News Today links
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.