ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- July 20, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
DETROIT – ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- July 20, 2019
Heavy downpours, thunderstorms and 70 mph winds have left thousands of people without power.
Fifty years ago, astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first people to step onto the moon’s surface. Local 4 meterologist Paul Gross is sharing a part of the story most people don't know about.
Beginning Saturday, elected officials, organizers, faith leaders, entertainers and young leaders will make their way to the Cobo Center for the 110th NAACP National Convention.
An excessive heat warning is in effect for southeast Michigan until 8 p.m. Saturday.
- Read Saturday morning's weather forecast here.
- Cooling centers open in Metro Detroit -- view the list here.
- Ozone Action Day in SE Michigan Saturday: Read more.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines:
- Discrimination lawsuit filed against Ypsilanti Tim Hortons
- Talented students ready to shine at NAACP National Convention in Downtown Detroit
- Here's why you might be hearing sirens as storms move through Metro Detroit
- Firefighters discover body inside burning SUV in remote area on Detroit's east side
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Ozone Action Day issued for southeast Michigan Saturday
- Teen dies after being pulled from Lake Michigan
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- Chicago heat wave 24 years ago left more than 700 dead
- Sheriff investigates supervision of Jeffrey Epstein on work release
- 11 things to know about the historic Apollo 11 mission
- National Ice Cream Day 2019: Freebies, deals to celebrate on July 21
- Trump's pursuit of new nuclear treaty could undermine old ones
- US Navy ship downs Iranian drone, keeps watch in tense region
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Help Me Hank
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
- Extreme heat red flags: Here's what to watch for
- Health Minute: Can a broken heart lead to cancer?
- Some types of Ragu pasta sauce are being recalled
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
LOCAL 4 Travel
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/all-about-michigan/michigan-travel.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.