4 things to watch for -- Tuesday, August 13th
Evrod Cassimy: Have you ever needed a weekend from your weekend? That’s me today. This weekend was so jam packed, and though exciting, I am exhausted from it…in a good way. Surprisingly Friday I didn’t do much but spend time with my family at home. It was very relaxing. Saturday, my wife and I, along with two of my friends attended the Anthony Hamilton concert at The Aretha Franklin Amphitheater. It was a full house. The concert featured Tweet, Ledisi and Anthony Hamilton was the headliner. They all put on such a great show! Afterwards we met Anthony (again) backstage. It was such a fun experience but I didn’t get home till around 2 a.m. It was so worth it but Sunday I was out of commission and exhausted from such a long day and night. Thankfully I was able to stay in bed until 5:30 p.m. Yes, PM. I woke up for breakfast for a bit and to play with the kids but went back to rest for a good portion of the day Sunday.
So here we are, the start of another week. What a great show Monday! We had Chauncy Billups on this morning to talk about how he and his wife plan to open a new hair salon.
We also taste tested the new sandwich from Popeyes! For Tasty Tuesday, we continue with our food truck themed month with lobster! Make sure you join us! It’s gonna be a great show! See ya in the morning!
Watch beginning at 4:30 a.m.
Here's what's coming up Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 on Local 4 News Today.
All Morning -- Wall of Water
We will be waking up to heavy, heavy rains Tuesday morning and a good potential for localized flooding. That means local rivers, streams, flood prone areas, and keep an eye on your basements as it may be too much water for some of our sump pumps to handle.
After heavy morning rains Tuesday, we should see gradual improvements into the afternoon as highs should get back into the low 80s given at least a little afternoon sunshine. A few left over rain and thundershowers cannot be ruled out in the afternoon tomorrow, too.
- Get the full forecast here.
Kim DeGiulio will help you prepare for the morning drive.
- Check traffic conditions in your neighborhood here.
All Morning -- Jobs 4 You
They've got nearly 20 locations across Metro Detroit, and they're looking to add new members to their team. They have immediate positions available. We'll show you where!
6:40 - High-Tech Home-Buying
Go high-tech, buy a new home and get freebies from Amazon? There's a growing trend in the real estate world, but some experts say this still won't top the good face-to-face interaction of buying a home.
6:45 a.m. -- Tasty Tuesday: Food Truck Month
For the month of August, we're featuring food trucks for our Tasty Tuesday segments. This week, it's lobster, lobster and more lobster! If you love seafood, you won't want to miss this one.
- Beast Coast show canceled in Michigan after police receive 2 mass shooting threats
- I-75 construction in Oakland County: What to know about Segment 3
- Day fishing trip: Visit Spring Valley Trout Farm in Dexter
- Calling all pizza lovers! The Pizza Throwdown returns
Today's Trivia Retake
Every morning at 6 a.m., we ask you a trivia question on Local 4 for a chance to win a prize.
National Days: August 13th
- National Prosecco Day
- National Filet Mignon Day
- Left-Handers Day
History Highl ights: August 13th
- In 1846, the American flag was raised for the first time in Los Angeles.
- In 1910, Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing, died in London at age 90.
- In 1942, Walt Disney’s animated feature “Bambi” had its U.S. premiere at Radio City Music Hall in New York, five days after its world premiere in London.
- In 1979, Lou Brock of the St. Louis Cardinals became the 14th player in major league baseball history to reach the 3,000th career hit plateau as his team defeated the Chicago Cubs, 3-2.
- In 1981, in a ceremony at his California ranch, President Ronald Reagan signed a historic package of tax and budget reductions.
Celebrity Birthdays: August 13th
Celebrating a birthday Tuesday? Submit a Sunshine Award here and we could say your name on Local 4 News Today during our 5 a.m. show.
Here's who you're sharing a birthday with --
- Actor Kevin Tighe (”Emergency,” `’Murder One”) is 75.
- Actor Danny Bonaduce (“The Partridge Family”) is 60.
- Actor John Slattery (”Mad Men,” `’Desperate Housewives”) is 57.
- Actress Debi Mazar is 55.
- Country singer Andy Griggs is 46.
- Actor Sebastian Stan (”Captain America”) is 37.
- Singer James Morrison is 35.
Get to know the Local 4 News Today team better
Local 4 News Today links
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.