ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Aug. 17, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
DETROIT – ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Aug. 17, 2019
Michigan Medicine issued an alert after a data breach exposed the personal information of more than 5,000 people.
Detroit police are looking for 14-year-old Alayah York who was last seen Friday evening.
The 2019 Woodward Dream Cruise is Saturday. Here's everything you need to know.
If you are thinking about adopting a pet, Saturday is the perfect day to make the move. Adoption fees are being waived or reduced at several shelters across Metro Detroit as part of the nationwide initiative, Clear the Shelter.
A few isolated storms are possible Saturday afternoon.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Israel grants request by Rep. Rashida Tlaib to visit West Bank
- Drunken Oxford mother crashes into ditch after fleeing police with daughters in car, officials say
- Blake's Cider Mill worker charged with making terrorist threat
- Mother gets 6 boys out of burning SUV on I-96 while on way to Twelve Oaks Mall
- Flashpoint 8/18/19: 10 years since automotive bankruptcies; a conversation with Soledad O'Brien
- Metro Detroit weekend construction: Check the (long) list
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
- Vultures have claimed Florida man's home
- Tenn. teen killed by clerk gets justice
- Pa. duo faked birth, death for GoFundMe
- Autopsy confirms cause of Jeffrey Epstein's death
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Community calendar
- Aug. 17 -- Renaissance Festival begins!
- Aug. 17 -- Woodward Dream Cruise
- Aug. 17-18 -- St. Clair Shores Aqua Fest
- Aug. 23 -- Detroit Lions vs. Buffalo Bills at Ford Field
- Aug. 29 -- Michigan State Fair begins
- Aug. 30 -- Michigan State football opener vs. Tulsa
- Aug. 30 -- Arts, Beats and Eats weekend
- Aug. 31 -- Detroit Jazz Festival kicks off
- Aug. 31 -- Michigan football opener vs. Middle Tenn. State
- Sept. 2 -- Labor Day
- Sept. 7 -- Dally in the Alley in Midtown
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
- Weekend sports TV: Diaz's UFC comeback, LLWS, NASCAR at Bristol
- Khaleke Hudson is Michigan football's most important defensive player this season
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Editorial
LOCAL 4 Health
- Two cases of EEE confirmed in horses in Kalamazoo, St. Joseph counties
- 7 Michigan beaches closed due to high bacteria levels
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.