ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 1, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
DETROIT – ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 1, 2019
Hurricane Dorian has intensified to a potentially catastrophic Category 5 storm, forecasters say. The storm is forecast to hit the Bahamas Sunday.
A man who was pulled over by Texas troopers shot at them with a rifle and sped off, setting off a terrifying rampage that ended with five dead and 21 injured.
At midnight, a 15 percent US tariff went into effect on billions of dollars in Chinese imports. That means prices could go up on things including clothing, diapers, coffee, alcohol, meats and cheeses.
Firefighters tackled a massive fire that burned down a house on Detroit's east side Sunday morning.
It will be mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms Sunday. Highs will reach the middle 70s today. Labor Day will be warmer with highs near 80 degrees.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- State troopers investigating deadly Inkster shooting
- Detroiter who went blind after getting shot at lounge shares story, asks shooter to come forward
- 2019 Arts, Beats & Eats: Here's the music lineup
- 5 Labor Day weekend events around Southeast Michigan
- Flashpoint 9/1/19: Preventing dog attacks in Detroit; weighing in on Michigan students' test scores
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Northern Light possible in Michigan this weekend: When, where to see them
- Funeral for Michigan boy who died during football practice scheduled for Wednesday
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- 1 dead, 6 hurt after Calif. hotel hazmat event
- 4 hurt in Seattle concert barricade collapse
- 9/11 memorial vandalized in upstate New York
- How Hurricane Dorian is impacting Labor Day travel
- Final Texas shootout caught on camera
- Hong Kong airport faces protester 'stress test'
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Community calendar
- Labor Day Weekend -- Arts, Beats and Eats annual festival
- Labor Day Weekend -- Detroit Jazz Festival
- Labor Day Weekend -- Michigan State Fair
- Sept. 2 -- Labor Day
- Sept. 7 -- Dally in the Alley in Midtown
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
- No. 7 Michigan beats Middle Tennessee 40-21
- Game-by-game (including bowl) predictions for this Michigan football season
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Editorial
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.