ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 4, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
DETROIT – ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 4, 2019
Michigan has become the first state in the country to ban flavored e-cigarettes on Wednesday, according to Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's office.
"My chief medical officer this week said we have a public health crisis, it's time to take action. So I'm using my executive authority as governor to order the Department of Health and Human Services to ban the flavored e-cigarettes, to restrict advertising and the misleading advertising that they're engaged in, that it's 'healthy' or that it's 'good for you,'" Whitmer said Wednesday morning on MSNBC.
Mourad Jawad, of Dearborn, is in the Wayne County Jail after being accused of sending the child explicit messages and a photo.
"With a forensic download of the defendant's telephone records we were able to determine that what was alleged did warrant us requesting a warrant from the prosecutor's office," Dearborn Detective Mylinda Laws said.
We are live streaming coverage of Hurricane Dorian from our sister station WJXT in Jacksonville. Watch here.
We will slowly feel that change in the air this morning as both temps and humidity will be heading in the cooler and dryer direction. Most of Metro Detroit is waking up to temps in the 60s and that's where they will stay most of the day today.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Wyandotte school board passes resolution regarding appeals process for volunteers
- Toddler dies after being hit by mother's car in driveway
- Father of 9 gunned down on Detroit's east side
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- LIVE TRACKING: Hurricane Dorian is Category 2 storm hitting Florida coast
- Death toll in Bahamas likely to rise, authorities say
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Calendar
- Sept. 7 -- Dally in the Alley in Midtown
- Sept. 7 -- Michigan football vs. Army
- Sept. 7 -- Michigan State football vs. Western Michigan
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.