ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 8, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
DETROIT – The death toll in the aftermath of Hurricane Dorian has climbed to 43, and is expected to rise drastically. Hundreds remain missing, likely buried under rubble on Grand Bahama and the Abaco Islands.
Dearborn police are investigating a string of armed robberies that claimed the life of a 29-year-old woman Friday night. Two men are wanted in connection with the robberies.
A two-vehicle collision in Farmington Hills closed down the intersection of Inkster and 11 Mile roads Saturday. One person was killed in the crash.
Friends and family gathered Saturday night to honor the life of Ervin Smith, a Warren resident who was killed Thursday in what police think was a hit-and-run.
We'll have a mix of sun and clouds Sunday with highs in the 70s. A warm front is ahead this week.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Bloomfield Hills pastor's upcoming event on anniversary of 9/11 attacks criticized as Islamophobic
- Macomb County authorities search for missing 89-year-old man
- Army sergeant surprises girlfriend with marriage proposal at football game in Ann Arbor
- 46-year-old turtle reunited with its owner after frantic search for Rochester Hills pet
- Weekend construction list
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- 42-year-old man arrested after human remains found at Michigan home
- Macomb County man gets 36 years for criminal sexual conduct, other charges
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- About 1,250 lightning strikes in 3 hours in Washington
- Epstein's MIT donations were a secret
- Pumpkin spice for every occasion
- Here's how one 102-year-old veteran fulfilled a lifelong dream
- Police: Couple went on spending spree after accidental deposit
- Saudi Arabia fires its oil minister
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Calendar
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit
- Sept. 14-15 -- Royal Oak's Barktoberfest
- Sept. 23 -- Highland Park police fundraiser
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
- No. 7 Michigan survives scare, beats Army 24-21 in 2 OT
- No. 20 Michigan State gets on track offensively, routs Western Michigan, 51-17
- Live updates: Metro Detroit high school football scores
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.