On the road again in Detroit. Photo: @greatlakesgin
Storm chances enter the fold today as we continue with a warm September run. Scattered mid-afternoon rain and thunderstorms will be popping up with the heat of the day, and they will be coming and going all the way through the evening commute Wednesday.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- NB I-75 at Cicotte Ave right two lanes closed for maintenance -- just today.
- WB M-14 at Sheldon Rd left lane closed for construction through Friday.
- EB I-96 ramp to Evergreen closed for maintenance -- through the end of the year.
🚧 Check the live Traffic Map here.
18 year anniversary of Sept. 11 attacks
Today marks 18 years since 9/11. The attacks claimed the lives of nearly 3,000. We'll have full coverage of memorial services from New York and around the country on ClickOnDetroit.
The Detroit Youth Choir will find out if they will advance to the final round of America's Got Talent tonight! We've been rallying the vote all night! Tune in tonight at 8 p.m. to see if they make it through. Local 4's Kimberly Gill will continue will live reports from Hollywood.
If you've noticed an increase in spiders lately, perhaps wrapping your porch up in web, there's a reason. No, spiders have not increased in population, and no, they aren't plotting your demise.
Canton Heritage Park to host grand opening of new Story Trail 📚
A public ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held for the Grand Opening of the Canton Heritage Park Story Trail on Wednesday at 5 p.m. The new trail will enable park visitors to read a book as they travel the recently installed Story Trail, step-by-step and page-by-page around Heritage Park's large pond.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit 🚴
- Sept. 15 -- Detroit Lions home opener against Chargers 🏈
- Sept. 17 -- Detroit Red Wings begin preseason 🏒
- Sept. 19 -- Eastern Market After Dark 🎉
- Sept. 20 -- Funky Ferndale Art Fair 🎭
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
Make Your Bed Day 🛏️
I have a friend who used to tell me that making your bed really sets the tone for the day. I don't know if I believe him or not, but it seems like a thing that could be true. Today, to honor Make Your Bed Day, try it out and let me know how you feel. -- Ken (@KenHaddad)
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
Today's featured photo: On the road again in Detroit. Photo: @greatlakesgin
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.