ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 10, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
DETROIT – Meijer and ALDI are joining the growing list of companies asking customers not to openly carry guns in stores. Both companies Tweeted the request Monday.
Two workers were killed Monday when granite slabs shifted on top of them inside a warehouse in Sterling Heights, according to the fire chief. Firefighters got the call before 3 p.m. Monday from the Stone Warehouse of Michigan on 19 Mile Road between Van Dyke and Merrill Road, according to Fire Chief Chris Martin. The recovery effort to remove the bodies of the two workers lasted long into the night Monday. One of the victims was in his 30s, the other in his 50s.
Gripping testimony was heard Monday in the case against a man charged in Danielle Stislicki's 2016 murder. The hearing continues Tuesday. Watch it live here.
Drivers who travel on I-94 every day, or anyone planning to visit DTW anytime soon, will need to be prepared for a longer commute. Officials said this project will be going on for the next couple of months. It's a $15 million project on I-94 between Beech Daly and I-275.
"The way traffic is being maintained is out of the three lanes of 94, two out of three being maintained, and on the service drives here at Merriman and Middle Belt, one out of two is being maintained," MDOT Project Manager Bill Erbin said.
We will combine the heat and humidity with storm chances tomorrow. The main threat or timing of the showers and storms is in the afternoon hours as we begin to heat up again. Morning lows will still be near 70 degrees and then afternoon highs again take aim at the mid or upper 80s, and that will depend on the timing of showers. The models show a decent slug of water riding over us from noon until about 6 p.m. tomorrow.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Harper Woods woman fed up with raccoons invading rental home
- Thieves steal vintage Corvette in 19 seconds while owner shopped in Sterling Heights
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Michigan school district weighs option of allowing staff to carry guns in school
- Michigan's road funding battle stalls
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- 'Grand Bahama is dead': Firsthand look at Dorian destruction
- Target's new loyalty program launches nationwide in October
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Calendar
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit 🚴
- Sept. 15 -- Detroit Lions home opener against Chargers 🏈
- Sept. 17 -- Detroit Red Wings begin preseason 🏒
- Sept. 19 -- Eastern Market After Dark 🎉
- Sept. 20 -- Funky Ferndale Art Fair 🎭
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
- Think about just how disastrous the Eugenio Suarez trade was for the Detroit Tigers
- How Ronnie Bell came up clutch time after time for Michigan football vs. Army
- Detroit Lions collapse in Week 1: Here are 5 bright spots
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.