ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 15, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
On Saturday, General Motors let the United Auto Workers contract expire. The move is expected to lead to massive strikes. As of Sunday morning, 850 employees across Michigan and Ohio had already walked off the job.
There is a water main break in downtown Detroit near the corner of Second and Howard Street.
The search continues for the driver in a hit-and-run crash that happened Friday night on East Warren Avenue near Dickerson.
One person died and four others were injured in a crash involving multiple motorcycles in Clyde Township north of Marysville, police say.
It will be warm Sunday with afternoon showers and storms. Highs will reach the near 80s.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- 850 UAW Aramark workers in Michigan, Ohio strike
- Family, friends of Fred McLeod gather to say farewell
- Man killed in shooting on Detroit's west side
- Photos show damage caused by Friday night's storms in Metro Detroit
- Metro Detroit weekend construction list: Work on I-75, I-94, I-96
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Michigan season for hunting small game species opens Sunday
- 33-year-old Michigan man killed in single-vehicle traffic crash
- Lake Michigan erosion endangering 400-ton historic pavilion
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- Ex-NFL player accused of faking hate crime
- Seattle shooting suspect caught on video
- TS Humberto forecast to be hurricane Sunday
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Calendar
- Sept. 15 -- Detroit Lions home opener against Chargers 🏈
- Sept. 17 -- Detroit Red Wings begin preseason 🏒
- Sept. 19 -- Eastern Market After Dark 🎉
- Sept. 20 -- Funky Ferndale Art Fair 🎭
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
- Hicks, Reyes power Tigers past Orioles in 12 innings 8-4
- Be-Deviled again: Michigan State upset by Arizona State
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.