ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 19, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
Local 4's Rod Meloni has been covering the UAW-GM strike every closely before it even began. Here he has an in-depth look at some of the big questions surrounding the strike. Follow live updates on day 4 here.
Amazon wants to put a massive sorting and delivering complex on the Pontiac Silverdome site. Amazon envisions two buildings, which would bring 1,500 full-time jobs and hundreds of part-time jobs.
Demolition of "The Joe" was underway starting in May. This helicopter video shows the Joe demolition on Sept. 10, 2019. Drone footage shows it on Sept. 14, 2019.
It's another perfect day to do a little yard work, or let the dog take you for a long walk. Winds will be light SE 5-10 mph keeping dry and slightly warmer air pumping into SE Lower Michigan and Southern Ontario. We start to feel a little more humidity Friday as we start the day with temps in the low 60s under mostly cloudy skies. It will be a bit of a battle to see a ton of sun tomorrow as we expect only partly sunny skies with highs close to 80°F but it will feel a few degrees warmer as the winds remain light SSE 5-10 mph.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Drunken teacher arrested at school after blowing 4 times legal limit
- Very brave Shelby Township officer removes snake from car engine
- Detroit police commissioners set to vote on use of controversial facial recognition technology
- Woman rescued by security guard after falling into Detroit River
- Officials say man, dog found dead in Lake Orion home died of natural causes
- Melvindale-Northern Allen Park schools to be open Thursday after threat cancels classes for 3 days
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- 3 children killed in vehicle-buggy crash in West Michigan
- 2 Michigan bars ranked among best 'beer bars' in America
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Calendar
- TODAY -- Eastern Market After Dark 🎉
- Sept. 20 -- Funky Ferndale Art Fair 🎭
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
- Detroit Lions analysis: Stafford's aggressiveness wins game -- but almost loses it, too
- Should Detroit Lions move on from Agnew as returner?
- Can Michigan football slow down red-hot Wisconsin offense?
- Our 4Frenzy Game of the Week is Cass Tech at Detroit MLK - Friday at 5 p.m.
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
- Rate of teen vaping doubles in two years, new research finds
- Using hand sanitizer may be giving you a false sense of security
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.