ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 20, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
It's Friday (the last Friday of Summer), and that means we have a list of weekend road construction for you to check.
Local 4 caught up with the Detroit Youth Choir members at the airport. They looked happy to be home after an amazing experience at "America's Got Talent" in Los Angeles. They took second place in the competition.
We're entering day 5 of a UAW-GM strike. There's no word of any potential breakthroughs that could get workers back on the job as negotiations are expected to resume Friday.
From London to New York City and from Perth to Paris, climate activists are taking part in a global general strike on Friday in what is expected to be the biggest day of climate demonstrations in the planet's history.
Computer model data has been going back and forth with showers moving in late today. The Friday morning model data brings a few scattered rain and thundershowers into our West and South Zones late, late afternoon or this evening. This could be an issue for the start of some local High School Football Games, but those showers should fade by 8 p.m., and there's a chance we see next to nothing tomorrow evening. Stay tuned.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Detroit police looking to ID suspect in drive-thru window armed robbery
- Teacher who was drunk at school appears in court for separate drunken driving case
- 'Alligator-type reptile' seen swimming in Bedford High School biology pond
- Farewell, North Campus Turkey. Famed jogger chaser killed in Ann Arbor
- Romulus principal plays with child with cerebral palsy who was alone at recess
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Michigan's flavored vaping ban in effect: Here are the new rules
- Michigan Republicans propose $400M more for road fixes
- Lawsuit: Mark Dantonio was warned about signing recruit who later pleaded guilty to rape
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- Imelda's remnants head north, dump rain on Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas
- House passes short-term funding bill to avert shutdown
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Calendar
- TODAY -- Detroit Youth Choir homecoming celebration at Campus Martius
- TODAY -- Funky Ferndale Art Fair 🎭
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.