ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Oct. 8, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
Niche released their 2020 best school rankings, looking at the top schools and top districts in every state. Did your district make the list? Check it out here.
This is the time of year when these types of scams often pop up, experts said. The victims are often elderly and get tricked by fast talking crooks looking for cash, according to authorities. Help Me Hank has the story you should share with loved ones.
The City of Birmingham released a public advisory for drinking water customers in accordance with the Michigan Safe Drinking Water Act, alerting residents that five of the 32 sites tested (out of about 9,000 total customers) exceeded the action level for lead in water.
We have seen some major upsets already in our quest to crown the "Best Halloween Candy." The bracket just entered the second round. We are determined to name a winner by Halloween.
We have clear skies and will have wall-to-wall sunshine through this afternoon. Slightly cooler air is moving in from the north, so highs will stop in the upper 60s which is normal or average for this time of year.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- UAW-GM strike: Following updates on day 23
- Fort Street closed between Rosa Parks Boulevard, Trumbull Avenue in Detroit
- Released 911 calls reveal chaos, confusion at scene of fatal Detroit motorcycle crash
- 3 wanted in connection with carjacking at gas station on Plymouth in Detroit
- LSAT to drastically change after LSAC settles lawsuit with blind Metro Detroit man
- Smash-and-grab robbers hit Huron Township gas station
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
- Passenger forces way onto American Airlines flight, removed from plane
- Amber Guyger to be in same prison as woman who killed singer Selena
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.