4 things to watch for -- Wednesday, October 30th
Rhonda Walker: Big thanks to the Greektown Pizza Papalis location for bringing in your delicious stuffed pizza this morning!!!
All month for Tasty Tuesday we highlighted different local pizzerias and featured our morning team favorites. I chose Jet's Pizza earlier this month as it's been my go to for years for home delivery and they always deliver delicious pizza, they also have an incredible family story of how it all began.
For our final Tasty Tuesday of National Pizza Month, Evrod picked Pizza Papalis and just like that I was reconnected with a pizza I have always loved but had not had in so long. The location near where I lived that delivered closed over a decade ago and just stopped getting it after that. I would always get the seafood stuffed pizza, truly one of THE BEST pizzas I have ever had. No one does a seafood pizza stuffed with huge chunks of shrimp and crab like Pizza Papalis!!
Have you submitted your guess yet for the Local 4 morning team Halloween costumes??? Take a closer look, can you tell which character I am in this silhouette?
Every year we have a theme that ties all of our costumes together. Some of my favorites over the years? Mr T was hilarious the year we played several different NBC show actors. And I loved the year we featured characters from one of my all-time favorite movies, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Last year we were cereal box characters and I was the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee😊
So what will we be this year? The wait is almost over, make sure you tune in Thursday morning during our 6am hour for the big reveal.
Here's what's coming up on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 on Local 4 News Today
All Morning -- Storms Coming
We will have another storm system move through our area on Wednesday with rain showers moving through mainly in the mid to late morning, only getting stronger or heavier as we head through the afternoon and evening. Temps will struggle in the rain Wednesday as we expect to stay in the mid to maybe upper 40s all day Wednesday or Halloween Eve. We should get a quarter to a half inch of rain through midnight and there's more coming Thursday.
- Get the full forecast here
Kim DeGiulio will also be watching the roads for us all morning. She'll have any construction updates and traffic trouble spots for the week.
- Check traffic conditions in your neighborhood here
All Morning -- Rhonda's Brag Book
Do you know a young person who is really making a difference in our community? A standout student, volunteer, star athlete - or all around incredible person?
We want you to submit their information on ClickOnDetroit and they could land in Rhonda Walker's brag book! She'll show off two incredible students Wednesday.
All Morning -- Halloween Through the Years
Through the years, the Local 4 News Today team has had some pretty awesome costumes. From Friends, to Golden Girls, The Voice, Willie Wonka and more, we'll take a look at some of the best, and also give you some hints on this year's costume theme.
6:40 a.m. -- Wellness Wednesday: Halloween Health
With all that candy being handed out, Halloween may not seem like the healthiest of holidays. But, Dr. Frank McGeorge will show you how some of Halloween's biggest stars are playing an important role in research that could someday help you.
- Ford, UAW begin contract negotiations
- Clawson schools turn to parents for ideas as district considers merger
- Halloween 2019: Trick-or-treat times in Metro Detroit
- One of Michigan's best kept secrets makes for ultimate star gazing
Today's Trivia Retake
Every weekday morning at 6 a.m., we ask you a trivia question on Local 4 for a chance to win a prize.
- Tuesday Question: What is the name of Dr. Evil's cat in 'Austin Powers'?
- Answer: Mr. Bigglesworth
Be sure to watch daily at 6 a.m. and click this link to enter for a chance to win.
National Days: October 30th
- National Speak Up For Service Day
- National Publicist Day
- National Candy Corn Day
History Highlights: October 30th
- In 1945, the U.S. government announced the end of shoe rationing, effective at midnight.
- In 1974, Muhammad Ali knocked out George Foreman in the eighth round of a 15-round bout in Kinshasa, Zaire, known as the "Rumble in the Jungle," to regain his world heavyweight title.
- In 1975, the New York Daily News ran the headline "Ford to City: Drop Dead" a day after President Gerald R. Ford said he would veto any proposed federal bailout of New York City.
- In 1979, President Carter announced his choice of federal appeals judge Shirley Hufstedler to head the newly created Department of Education.
- In 1985, schoolteacher-astronaut Christa McAuliffe witnessed the launch of the space shuttle Challenger, the same craft that would carry her and six other crew members to their deaths in Jan. 1986.
- In 2002, Jam Master Jay, a rapper with the hip-hop group Run-DMC, was killed in a shooting in New York. He was 37.
Celebrity Birthdays: October 30th
Celebrating a birthday Wednesday? Submit a Sunshine Award here and we could say your name on Local 4 News Today during our 6 a.m. show.
Here's who you're sharing a birthday with --
- Singer Grace Slick is 80.
- Singer Otis Williams of The Temptations is 78.
- Actor Henry Winkler is 74.
- TV journalist Andrea Mitchell is 73.
- Actor Harry Hamlin is 68.
- Country singer T. Graham Brown is 65.
- Actor Kevin Pollak is 62.
- Singer-guitarist Gavin Rossdale of Bush is 54.
- "Cash Cab" host Ben Bailey is 49.
- Actress Nia Long is 49.
- Actor Tasso Feldman ("The Resident") is 36.
Get to know the Local 4 News Today team better
Local 4 News Today links
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.