4 things to watch for -- Tuesday, October 22nd
Happy Monday everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. This weekend was absolutely incredible for me. There was so much going on!
On Friday, I hosted the Man of the Year 2019 Awards honoring the legacy of former Lion and businessman, Jim Thrower. It was a phenomenal event presented by The EMG Foundation and Mildred Gaddis of The Mildred Gaddis Show on 105.9 KISS FM. Then on Saturday, I stopped by Sista Strut, the breast cancer awareness event put on by Mix. 92.3FM. It was literally a sea of pink as black women from all over Metro Detroit helped bring attention to the disease. On Sunday, I sang at Triumph Church at the end of Pastor Kinloch’s sermon. Eight church services all over Metro Detroit. It was an awesome day!
I ended Sunday at Motor City Casino Soundboard where I opened up for Patti LaBelle. She is such a kind person! We chatted before and after the show where I told her how much I love her sweet potato pies. She even invited me over to her house to cook for me! You can see videos of both of our shows on my Instagram page here: www.Instagram.com/EvrodCassimy.
As if the weekend wasn’t enough, we had PIZZA on the show today! Sicily's Pizza brought in so many pizzas for us to try and they were delicious! You’ve gotta check them out. They are giving away 100 FREE pizzas on Tuesday! Tomorrow is also Tasty Tuesday, and we’re having even MORE pizza. October IS pizza month you know! We hope you’ll join us. We’re on from 4:30-7 a.m. See you in the morning, 'cause you know what they say…Miss a day, miss a lot.
Here's what's coming up on Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019 on Local 4 News Today
All Morning -- Back to Fall
We will start Tuesday on the dry side but a few more showers should develop as winds continue to crank moist air into Metro Detroit through the afternoon hours. We should start in the mid 40s to low 50s in the morning, and then highs will only move into the upper 50s to maybe low 60s under only partly sunny skies, depending on the timing of the rain showers. Windy conditions will be a minor issue throughout the day again SW 10-20 m.p.h. gusting 30-40 m.p.h. and this could lead to some minor issues around the area with a softened ground.
- Get the full forecast here
Meantime, construction crews will be busy fixing roads across Metro Detroit. Kim DeGiulio will help us get around the orange barrels.
- Check traffic conditions in your neighborhood here
All Morning -- Blue Pumpkins
This Halloween, you may see trick-or-treaters carrying candy pales that are a vibrant blue. Why blue and what do they mean? We'll show you how they're raising awareness for autism.
6:40 a.m. -- Crowdsourcing Care
You've probably given money to a GoFundMe or another fundraiser promoted on social media. Sure the money goes to the good cause but what if money is not enough? Check out the new twist on crowdsourcing that's going beyond just fundraising.
6:45 a.m. -- Tasty Tuesday
He makes the dough, she makes the pies. Meet the Macomb County couple with a passion for pizza and a love for each other.
- Fall in Love with These Photogenic Autumn Spots
- Michigan Lottery: Wayne County man wins $100,000 Powerball prize
- There is a fingerprint reader issue with new Samsung phone
- Halloween candy bracket round 3 in final day -- vote now!
Today's Trivia Retake
Every weekday morning at 6 a.m., we ask you a trivia question on Local 4 for a chance to win a prize.
National Days: October 22nd
- National Nut Day
- National Color Day
- National Make A Dog's Day
History Highlights: October 22nd
- In 1797, French balloonist Andre-Jacques Garnerin made the first parachute descent, landing safely from a height of about 3,000 feet over Paris.
- In 1934, bank robber Charles “Pretty Boy” Floyd was shot to death by federal agents and local police at a farm near East Liverpool, Ohio.
- In 1962, in a nationally broadcast address, President John F. Kennedy revealed the presence of Soviet-built missile bases under construction in Cuba and announced a quarantine of all offensive military equipment being shipped to the Communist island nation.
- In 2002, bus driver Conrad Johnson was shot to death in Aspen Hill, Md., in the final attack carried out by the “Beltway Snipers.”
Celebrity Birthdays: October 22nd
Celebrating a birthday Tuesday? Submit a Sunshine Award here and we could say your name on Local 4 News Today during our 6 a.m. show.
Here's who you're sharing a birthday with --
- Rapper 21 Savage is 26
- Pop singer Shaggy is 50
- The Jeff Goldblum is 66
- Actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson is 43
- Actor Christopher Lloyd is 80
- Actor Jonathan Lipnicki is 28
- Baseball star Ichiro Suzuki is 45
Let to know the Local 4 News Today team better
Local 4 News Today links
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.