ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Oct. 21, 2019
Here are this morning's top stories
It's a crucial week for the United Auto Workers and General Motors as union members begin to vote on whether to adopt a tentative agreement. Union members will vote on the deal throughout the week. All ballots are expected to be turned in by Friday, Oct. 25.
More than 6,400 pounds of a Walmart brand's frozen meat have been recalled for possible salmonella contamination. George's Prepared Foods, the company that produces Walmart's Great Value frozen, fully cooked meat, said that the products were meant to be disposed of after a small group of them tested positive for salmonella but were accidentally shipped nationwide.
Here's a look at their top five scariest experiences.
Our rain chances will be on the light and scattered side starting around 2 p.m. and continuing through the evening commute. We will likely see rain and thundershowers with some heavier downpours moving into SE Lower Michigan around 7 or 8 p.m. lasting through midnight or just a bit longer.
Check the radar here:
- Michigan Weather Radar page
- Metro Detroit Weather Radar page
- Grand Rapids Weather Radar page
- Find all weather forecasts and news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- Check current Weather Alerts here.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Remains identified as missing woman in Detroit suspected serial killer investigation
- Man found dead in bathroom of Roseville bar after argument
- Four eateries close to Ann Arbor to check out this fall
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Amash criticizes Trump for treating U.S. troops like 'paid mercenaries'
- Michigan elementary school drops ban on Halloween costumes after outcry by parents
- More than 100 animals found living in deplorable condition in west Michigan
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.