4 things to watch for -- Friday, October 25th
Jason Carr: If I won the lottery I wouldn't quit working. You can't get rid of me that easily. But I would be the King of Side Hustles.
First of all, I'd buy Local 4 and bring back Count Scary. Or at the very least invent a new horror host and actually air a new 2019 creature feature-type show, with production values and everything. It would be Detroit's version of one of my all-time favorite TV shows: Mystery Science Theater 3000. Sweet.
Then I would launch a micro-chain restaurant empire called Jason Carr's Bowl of Bacon. You know how one day no one had ever heard of Happy's Pizza and then, like overnight, you couldn't escape hearing that jingle? That's how I'd do it. Bam—Allen Park location! Bam—Royal Oak! Bam—Birmingham! Bam—Plymouth! Yeah. Like that.
And the menu? Toasted PB&J with Better Made Rainbow Dark chips, cheese hot dogs with ketchup, doctored Trader Joe's Mac ‘n' Cheese, Maurice salad, Sanders sundaes and bumpy cake, and much more.
Finally, I'd buy one of every car. You think Jay Leno has a garage? Pffffft! I would embarrass him. From a first generation Bronco to a '78 Cordoba to a Tesla, I'd have all the cars. Even the Scarymobile.
Sign up for the Morning Show Insider newsletter here!
Here's what's coming up on Friday, October 25, 2019 on Local 4 News Today
All Morning -- Another Near Miss
Brandon Roux: Friday is another near miss with the rain as showers pass just to our south in Ohio Friday morning leaving Metro Detroit with a dry day! Morning lows in the upper 30s to low 40s, and then partly sunny skies and guess what? Yep, highs will hit those mid and upper 50s and if it helps, that's right where we should be at the end of October in SE Lower Michigan and Southern Ontario.
I'll also update you on the weekend weather first thing in the morning!
- Get the full forecast here
All Morning -- Weekend Construction
Construction crews will be busy fixing roads across Metro Detroit. Kim DeGiulio will help us get around the orange barrels.
- Check traffic conditions in your neighborhood here
6:10 a.m. -- Fitness Friday
We're heading back to CrossFit in the D for some high intensity interval training. See if this style of working out is something for you!
6:40 a.m. -- Your Neighborhood
Evrod Cassimy: It's all about the queen bee and the beehive. We're going to go inside a local non-profit and show you how they're educating Detroit students about bees and explain why these bugs are nothing to be afraid of.
- SUBMIT HERE: Charities or non-profits doing great things in Metro Detroit
- Founders manager claims he didn't know worker was black as brewery faces racial discrimination suit
- Leaving Metro Detroit for the holidays? Time to start making your travel plan
- Help Me Hank: The fight against deepfake videos
- How free time can be beneficial for children
Today's Trivia Retake
Every weekday morning at 6 a.m., we ask you a trivia question on Local 4 for a chance to win a prize.
National Days: October 25th
- National Greasy Food Day
- Sourest Day
- Chucky, The Notorious Killer Doll Day
- National Pharmacy Buyer Day - Friday of Last Full Week in October
- National Frankenstein Friday - Last Friday in October
- National Breadstick Day
History Highlights: October 25th
- In 1954, a meeting of President Dwight D. Eisenhower's Cabinet was carried live on radio and television.
- In 1971, the U.N. General Assembly voted to admit mainland China and expel Taiwan.
- In 1986, in Game 6 of the World Series, the Boston Red Sox lost to the New York Mets, 6-5, on a wild pitch and an error in the tenth inning, forcing a seventh game, which the Mets ended up winning.
Celebrity Birthdays: October 25th
Celebrating a birthday Friday? Submit a Sunshine Award here and we could say your name on Local 4 News Today during our 6 a.m. show.
Here's who you're sharing a birthday with --
- Actress Marion Ross is 91.
- Singer Helen Reddy is 78.
- Actor Brian Kerwin is 70.
- Drummer Chad Smith of Red Hot Chili Peppers is 58.
- Comedian Samantha Bee ("Full Frontal with Samantha Bee," "The Daily Show") is 50.
- Actor Adam Pascal ("Rent") is 49.
- Country singer Chely Wright is 49.
- Actor Craig Robinson ("The Office") is 48.
- Singer Katy Perry is 35.
- Singer Ciara is 34.
- Actress Krista Marie Yu ("Dr. Ken") is 31.
Let to know the Local 4 News Today team better
Local 4 News Today links
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.