DETROIT – Most of the votes have been counted in Metro Detroit for the 2019 election cycle -- but in some cities, there weren’t many votes to count.
The 2019 Michigan General Election was held last night, and while it wasn’t a major election year, there were still important races on the ballot, including heated mayoral races in Warren, Livonia and Flint, city council races, school bond proposals and millages.
Here’s a look at voter turnout:
Overall, the voter turnout in Wayne County races was 23.01 percent. (112,284 of 487,988 registers voters).
- Allen Park: 25.93 percent
- Belleville: 19.21 percent
- Dearborn: 20.42 percent
- Dearborn Heights: 14.86 percent
- Flat Rock: 22.32 percent
- Garden City: 18.56 percent
- Gibraltar: 23.13 percent
- Grosse Pointe City: 35.45 percent
- Grosse Pointe Farms: 40.33 percent
- Grosse Pointe Park: 35.86 percent
- Grosse Pointe Shores: 30.26 percent
- Grosse Pointe Woods: 37.35 percent
- Hamtramck: 22.69 percent
- Harper Woods: 12.18 percent
- Highland Park: 15.67 percent
- Inkster: 15.76 percent
- Livonia: 51.28 percent
- Melvindale: 21.70 percent
- Northville (Wayne County only): 45.91 percent
- Plymouth: 22.26 percent
- Riverview: 23.85 percent
- Rockwood: 11.25 percent
- Trenton: 29.62 percent
- Westland: 14.30 percent
Overall, the voter turnout in Macomb County was 22.51 percent. (86,879 of 385,832 registered voters).
- Armada Township: 18.1 percent
- Bruce Township: 25.2 percent
- Center Line: 14.7 percent
- Chesterfield Township: 23.3 percent
- Eastpointe: 19.7 percent
- Fraser: 24 percent
- Grosse Pointe Shores: 27.5 percent
- Lenox Township: 19.8 percent
- Memphis: 12.1 percent
- Mount Clemens: 25.3 percent
- New Baltimore: 26.6 percent
- Ray Township: 24.4 percent
- Richmond City: 32.3 percent
- Richmond Township: 30 percent
- Roseville: 14.4 percent
- Shelby Township: 17.4 percent
- St. Clair Shores: 22.2 percent
- Sterling Heights: 20.4 percent
- Warren: 24.2 percent
- Washington Township: 36.5 percent
Overall, voter turnout in Oakland County was 19.90 percent. (193,021 out of 969,846 registered voters).
The highest voter turnouts in Oakland County were in Novi, Rochester Hills, Highland Township, Northville, Farmington and Ferndale.
The Clerk’s office has a great breakdown of voter turnout per precinct. Check it out here, if you’re interested.
Overall, voter turnout in Washtenaw County was 21.18 percent. (34,104 out of 161,010 registered voters).
The Clerk’s office has a precinct breakdown of votes and voter turnout. Check it out here.