ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Tuesday, March 17, 2020
DETROIT – Health officials have confirmed another dozen positive cases of the coronavirus in Michigan while also releasing more information about exposure locations and the people who have already tested positive.
One of the new cases is a resident of the All Seasons of West Bloomfield senior living facility -- the second person from that center to test positive for the coronavirus.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 Fast Facts
- A Detroit Detention Center employee has coronavirus (COVID-19), officials said Tuesday. Click here to read more.
- Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel sent a cease and desist letter to Menards on Tuesday, saying that the business has been price gouging supplies. Click here to read more.
- The Detroit Symphony Orchestra is offering free access to its on-demand video streaming archive of past performances amid the coronavirus outbreak. Click here to read more.
- Service was shut down on Tuesday after Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) bus drivers refused to drive routes due to coronavirus concerns. Click here to read more.
Service was shut down on Tuesday after Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) bus drivers refused to drive routes due to coronavirus concerns.
A second resident of the All Seasons of West Bloomfield senior living facility has tested positive for coronavirus, officials said. On Monday, officials at the facility announced an elderly man tested positive for the virus and had been taken off site for treatment.
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued an order on Monday evening that prohibits all indoor events that have more than 50 people due to coronavirus concerns. State health officials have confirmed a total of 65 cases in Michigan as of Tuesday afternoon.
A probation agent with the Michigan Department of Corrections office in Jackson has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), officials announced Tuesday.
- Questions about coronavirus (COVID-19)? Ask Dr. McGeorge
- Amazon prioritizing essential products during coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- Is it true that Ibuprofen can worsen coronavirus?
- Does coronavirus infect children? How does severity differ?
- Confirmed places where Metro Detroit COVID-19 patients have worked, attended school, lived
- UAW pushing Ford, General Motors, FCA to shut down plants due to coronavirus
- ‘Everything is Fine’: Searching for normalcy in upended family life
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.