KCNA via KNS
FILE - In this Saturday, April 11, 2020, file photo provided by the North Korean government, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un attends a politburo meeting of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea in Pyongyang. The South Korean government is looking into reports that North Korean leader Kim is in fragile condition after surgery. Officials from South Koreas Unification Ministry and National Intelligence Service couldnt immediately confirm the reports citing an anonymous U.S. official who said Kim was in grave danger. Independent journalists were not given access to cover the event depicted in this image distributed by the North Korean government. The content of this image is as provided and cannot be independently verified. Korean language watermark on image as provided by source reads: "KCNA" which is the abbreviation for Korean Central News Agency. (Korean Central News Agency/Korea News Service via AP)
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. BUSINESS AS USUAL FOR KIM JONG UN The North Korean leader appears to be handling state affairs as usual, South Korea’s government says after unconfirmed reports described him as in fragile condition after surgery.
2. WHO BIDEN CAN COUNT ON FINANCIALLY As a likely recession looms, wealthy Democratic donors may be the only ones with the ability to pour cash into the party’s effort to beat Donald Trump.
3. SYRIA REFUGEES TO FACE THEIR TORTURERS IN GERMAN COURT Two former members of Syria’s secret police will go on trial in Germany charged with crimes against humanity.
4. SRI LANKANS REMEMBER EASTER BOMB VICTIMS It’s been one year since more than 260 people were killed when three churches came under Islamic State group-inspired bomb attacks during Easter celebrations.
5. HELICOPTER COMPANIES SUED IN KOBE BRYANT CRASH Family members of four passengers killed in the crash with the NBA star and his daughter file wrongful death lawsuits.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.