ANN ARBOR, Mich. - Hundreds of people are expected to attend the free 3rd annual Inner Peace Festival in Downtown Ann Arbor on Sunday, June 16th, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. for a free, fun and peaceful event.
The festival, a collaborative event with local merchants, teachers, performers and non-profits is organized as a gift to the city each year by The Center of Light, Ann Arbor, a meditation center and spiritual school.
The Inner Peace Festival is a celebration of what makes Ann Arbor great - people coming together in a spirit of peace, diversity, and cooperation - there is so much generous giving in the name of peace.
Highlights of this year's festival will include:
- Lots of movement activities for festival-goers throughout the day: free yoga, Qigong, Nia, and integrative alignment dance class,
- Community drum circle led by Lori Fithian of Drummunity,
- Moving musical experience offered by Dixon's Violin and by Jon and Evan on the vibraphone.
- Meditation Tent for peaceful reflection, and Spiritual Blessings to invite more peace inside,
- Participants will be invited to plant "Seeds of Peace" and take their peace plants home to grow,
- Creative Ann Arbor retailers will offer free engaging projects and experiences related to peace.
- Free snacks, sweet treats, and beverages will be handed out to festival-goers, thanks to the generosity of local businesses.
Donors of refreshments include Kroger, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Arbor Farms, Pilar's Tamales, and Great Harvest Bread Company. Peace Partners include Citizens for Peace.
The Centers of Light are nonprofit organizations dedicated to personal development and spiritual growth. There are currently 7 Centers of Light in cities around the United States. Centers offer classes, spiritual training, meditation and devotional services to strengthen an inner connection and increase inner peace.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.