DETROIT - Chrysler says its U.S. sales rose 13 percent in July on strong demand for the Chrysler 200 sedan and other models.
Chrysler says it sold more than 126,000 new cars and trucks last month, the company's best July in five years. Sales of its best-selling Ram pickup rose 17 percent as home building increased. Sales of the 200 rose 43 percent.
The company's sales increase was slightly above expectations for overall industry growth of about 11 percent.
- Best July sales since 2007
- 28th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
- Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram Truck, and FIAT brands each post sales increases in July compared with same month a year ago
- Chrysler brand sales up 35 percent; best July sales since 2008
- Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan sets sales record for month of July
- Chrysler 300 flagship sedan posts 41 percent increase; best July sales since 2008
- Chrysler Town & Country minivan records double-digit sales gain and best July since 2006
- FIAT brand sales up 22 percent; sets sales record for month of July
- Ram pickup truck sales up 17 percent; best July sales since 2007
- Ram Truck brand has best July sales in four years
- Jeep brand sales up 7 percent; best July sales since 2005
- Jeep Liberty sales increase 34 percent; largest percentage increase of Jeep brand models
- Jeep Grand Cherokee has best July sales in seven years
- Dodge brand sales up 6 percent; best July sales since 2005
- Production of the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart ramping up with addition of third crew at Belvidere, Ill. assembly plant
- Dodge Journey full-size crossover sets sales record for the month of July
- Dodge Dart, Fiat 500 and Jeep Patriot named to Consumer Guide Automotive's list of the ‘10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000
Car companies report U.S. sales throughout the day on Wednesday.
Toyota, Honda and Nissan are expected to report big gains over July of last year, when their supplies were still limited by earthquake damage in Japan.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.