Michigan officials are warning residents to keep an eye out for a poisonous caterpillar. The Clare Area Chamber of Commerce posted an alert about the American dagger caterpillar, the caterpillar of the American dagger moth.
A pickup truck smashed into the Emagine movie theatre on Ford Road about 3:45 a.m. Wednesday in Canton Township.
"Pretty crazy, one of the most eventful first days of work, ever. I was in the back, and I did hear a car. I heard a bang and I thought it was somebody dropping something. I didn't imagine (this). My friend ran, came out, got me," said Justin Jones.
The 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been awarded to John B. Goodenough, M. Stanley Whittingham, and Akira Yoshino for their research in improving battery technology. The trio will share the prize for their work on "the development of lithium ion batteries," according to the Nobel committee.
The union said this week that GM has shown a "lack of commitment" to build vehicles in US factories. Wages, health care and pensions also are among the issues being negotiated.
We are waking up to Wednesday morning lows in the mid to upper 40s and some patchy fog, which will be a little more widespread than it was Tuesday morning here in Metro Detroit. With sunshine all day long, highs will be in the upper 60s to low 70s today and the winds are light ENE 5-10 mph.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Mother, 5-year-old daughter killed in Detroit apartment fire; boy transported to hospital
- 2 killed, 3 injured after crashing into home while fleeing police
- Controversy continues over medical marijuana dispensaries licensing process in Warren
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Package stopped en route to scammer but $9,000 missing when it's returned to Michigan woman
- Check the list: Report ranks 25 best Michigan school districts
- Michigan REAL ID deadline: What you should know
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
- Turkey says it will begin its military offensive into Syria 'shortly'
- US, Japanese scientists share Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- Two people killed in shooting near synagogue in Germany
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.