A building that is part of the Heidelberg Project was burning Monday morning. The building sits on the corner of Heidelberg and Mount Elliott streets in Detroit. Firefighters were working to put out the flames. No injuries have been reported.
A woman is missing after a nursing home fire Monday morning in Detroit. One person was killed in the fire at the St. Joseph Manor nursing home on Cadieux Road near Warren Avenue. The building was partially evacuated after the fire was reported about 3:30 a.m. Eunice Pugh, who nursing home care workers said has severe dementia, wandered away from the nursing home during the fire. Nursing home workers said she may be very confused and lost.
Negotiations between the United Automobile Workers and General Motors are expected to resume Monday morning as the strike enters its second week. Sunday was called a "Day of Solidarity," an event where all union members were encouraged to walk the picket line. Democratic presidential candidate U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, of Massachusetts, protested with workers Sunday at the GM Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Plant, expressing solidarity with them.
A Taylor family is heartbroken over the death of their 34-year-old daughter, Sherry Ann Kietrys. Police found Kietrys unresponsive in a field in the area of Paul Street and the Southfield Freeway around 7:45 Friday morning.
Rain showers are racing through early and will be gone by the time most of you hit the roads to start this work and school week. It will be a cooler one on this first day of Fall with Metro Detroit temps in the 60s early on this Monday, warming only into the lower or mid 70s later on.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Amazon orders 100,000 electric vans from Rivian
- Detroit woman fatally stabbed as paramedics worked to save heart attack victim in next room
- Man, woman injured in shooting in Center Line
- Police investigation underway in Mount Clemens
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Another human case of mosquito-borne EEE confirmed in Michigan
- Pence takes first-ever motorcade on Michigan's Mackinac Island
- 3 wolves moved to Michigan's Isle Royale, helping rebuild population
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Calendar
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.