DETROIT - ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- Sept. 3, 2019
First day of school
It's the first day of school for thousands of kids in Michigan. There is one school listed on the Metro Detroit School Closings page.
Pavement repair will require the right lane of northbound I-75 to be closed at Long Lake Road during the Tuesday morning rush hour, the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) said. As of 7 a.m., two lanes were closed due to emergency repairs on I-75 northbound from Big Beaver Road to Crooks Road.
By Tuesday morning, the storm's top sustained winds had dipped to 120 mph (193 kph), making it a Category 3 hurricane, but it remained almost stationary. It was centered 25 miles (40 kilometers) northeast of Freeport - roughly the same distance from the city as at 9 a.m. Monday. Hurricane-force winds extended out as far as 45 mph (75 kilometers) in some directions. Track Dorian's path live here.
From Brandon Roux:
Storms will begin to fire some time after 4 or 5 p.m. today and some may be strong. We are under a Slight Risk for severe weather this late afternoon and evening ahead. Keep an eye to the skies and your Local4Casters App to stay ahead of these potentially dangerous storms.
Always find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines
- Detroit teen killed in crash involving SUV she didn't know was stolen
- Person of interest in fatal shooting at Detroit nightclub released from custody
- Clinton Township mother dies after 'horrendous beating' at hands of daughter, officials say
- Woman with 'mental capacity of a 10-year-old' is missing
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- Study identifies 3 deadliest highways for summer travel in Michigan
- Take a glimpse at the Michigan State Fair's Caribbean High Dive Show
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- Hurricane Dorian now Category 3, outer rain bands reach Florida
- Couple who rescued California boat fire survivors saw vessel in flames
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Calendar
- Sept. 7 -- Dally in the Alley in Midtown
- Sept. 7 -- Michigan football vs. Army
- Sept. 7 -- Michigan State football vs. Western Michigan
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
LOCAL 4 Sports news
- Catcher in Detroit Tigers minor league system dies after skateboarding crash
- 'Field of Dreams' celebrates 30 year history
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.