DETROIT - Here is the ClickOnDetroit Morning Report for May 14, 2019.
Bath Township, known for being home to the worst mass murder at a school in U.S. history, is about 100 miles northwest of Detroit.
In 1927, the town of about 300 people was the victim of a gruesome attack at its school. The attack was executed by a former school board member, Andrew Kehoe, who was seeking revenge for losing an election.
His rampage killed 45 and injured 58. May 18, 1927 is etched into the fabric of the small Michigan town.
D'lynn wants to tell her story so the system can be changed and human trafficking victims can be saved. She said it began when she was 12 years old and ran away from her home just outside of Seattle.
"He was my first pimp," she said. "I end up doing the dates, or whatever you want to call it. I get the money, we get out of the car, we go back into the pimp's car and I hand him the money right away. So, now, this goes on for a few years and this becomes the norm."
Complaints about terrible conditions and horrific care plagued Detroit Animal Care and Control for years.
When the Duggan administration came into power changes were made but even the city would agree things aren't where they need to be. Tensions are rising over what happened to a dog named Lux.
Weather forecast: Warming temps Tuesday
As we warm into the mid and upper 60s, a few fair weather clouds form in the afternoon but we stay dry as winds stay on the lighter side WNW 5-12 mph.
Sit back and unwind: Big warm up on the way for Metro Detroit -- see the future forecast here
Find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines:
- Burger Bracket 2019: Who has the best burger in Metro Detroit? Vote in first round
- Canton teenager accused of speeding through red light before deadly head-on crash
- Electronics stolen from Southwest Detroit Community School during burglary
- New Macomb County task force aims to tackle animal abuse
- Multiple arrests made after 2 carjackings at 2 separate Detroit schools
- Detroit police looking for missing 15-year-old boy
- 8:45 a.m. -- Karen Spranger, accused of stealing from woman in her care, due in court today
- 9 a.m. -- Detroit man to be sentenced for killing his wife, mother of 5
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
News from across Michigan
- GOP-led Michigan Legislature to vote to ban abortion procedure: What to know
- Officials believe missing plane crashed in Northern Michigan as search suspended
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- Global software outage causing delays at JetBlue's check-in counters
- Montana Gov. Steve Bullock announces presidential campaign
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Help Me Hank
- Here's some advice for job-seeking college grads in 2019
- Lucky numbers, locations and tips: Insider secrets from the Michigan Lottery
- FCC warns of 'One Ring' robocall scam: What to know
- Walmart launches first online pet pharmacy
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
- Ranking 20 top moments from John Beilein's tenure as Michigan basketball coach
- John Beilein resurrected Michigan basketball, and gifted us a decade of memories
- Report: Finnish defenseman Oliwer Kaski will sign with Red Wings
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Defenders
LOCAL 4 Health
- Here's why mammogram guidelines keep changing
- Anti-vaxxers 'have blood on their hands,' says UK health secretary
- Tyson expands recall of chicken strips
- Metro Detroit police issue warning about mood-altering herb with opioid-like effects
- The meatless burger revolution is just getting started
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
all 4 Pets
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/pets.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.