DETROIT - Here is the ClickOnDetroit Morning Report for May 16, 2019.
Maybe you just want to kill them and no one is going to convince you otherwise, and, well OK then. But there is a "good" reason not to kill these bugs the next time you see one of them scurry across your bedroom floor ... right into your bed. OK, enough.
A list of the most dangerous intersections in Michigan has been released, and the most dangerous last year was in Oakland County ... and no one is surprised in the least.
The intersection of Telegraph and 12 Mile roads in Southfield moved from the third spot in 2017 to the most dangerous intersection in 2018. There were 145 reported crashes and 24 injuries last year.
The survey found that more than half of Americans reported using a swimming pool as a substitute for showering or using the pool to rinse off after exercise or yardwork.
And it gets worse -- seriously, it does.
Read at your own risk here, it may ruin your summer.
Do you know the proper way to remove an embedded tick? Local 4's Paula Tutman shows us the best way to remove an embedded tick safely.
Weather forecast: Watch the skies later
Local 4 Meteorlogist Brand Roux says we need to watch the skies very closely later today as the Storm Prediction Center has placed SE Lower Michigan in a Marginal to Slight Risk for Severe Weather later today.
Find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
More local headlines:
- Someone caused $10,000 worth of damage at Canfield Ice Arena in Dearborn Heights
- Man dies when he crashes while driving self to hospital after being shot in Detroit
- Uninvited family of raccoons moves into woman's home on Detroit's east side
- Detroit police issue warning after group of ATVs, minibikes zoom through rush hour traffic
- Missing 14-year-old girl didn't return home from school in Ann Arbor area, police say
- Man with 'rare form of extreme dementia' missing in Shelby Township
For more Local News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
Round is underway. We had some crazy big upsets in Round 1.
News from across Michigan
- New age progression photos show what missing Skelton brothers may look like in 2019
- Authorities identify 2 men in plane missing over Lake Michigan
- South Carolina deputies arrest fugitive wanted in Michigan on charge involving assault of child
- Genesee County advocating for new state psychiatric hospital
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
National and international headlines
- China formally arrests two Canadians on national security grounds
- Colorado teen who tried to stop school shooter honored with Jeeps
- Firefighter killed, officer injured responding to a medical call in Wisconsin
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
LOCAL 4 Help Me Hank
- How to score the best deal on a hotel
- BBB: Scammers target consumers with counterfeit products online
- New measures could help thwart scam calls for robocall-plagued US
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/HelpMeHank.
- 🏎️ PHOTOS: 2019 Indianapolis 500
- 🏎️ Practice begins at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- 🏇 Owners of Maximum Security file lawsuit to overturn disqualification
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
LOCAL 4 Defenders
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Defenders.
LOCAL 4 Health
- 🏊 That's nasty! Survey uncovers disgusting facts about what adults do in swimming pools
- WATCH: Scientist demonstrates proper way to remove an embedded tick
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
all 4 Pets
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/pets.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
- Michigan Roads -- coverage of the state's crumbling roads
- Michigan Marijuana -- coverage of marijuana news and laws in Michigan
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.