BIG RAPIDS, Mich. - Police say a Ferris State University student is being charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor after an 18-year-old Grand Rapids man nearly died after passing out in a snow bank.
Big Rapids police Sgt. Erik Little tells MLive.com that 24-year-old Robert J. Calangelo of Saginaw probably will be arraigned this month.
The Associated Press left a telephone message for Calangelo seeking comment on Thursday afternoon.
Nicholas Suttles was found Feb. 15 with severe hypothermia after spending several hours in the snow. Authorities say he passed out from alcohol he drank at a party.
The teen from Grand Rapids spent weeks in critical condition but now is out of the hospital.
Police say Calangelo bought the alcohol that Suttles took to the party.
- Detroit Zoo's newest attraction fits in your pocket
- GM to invest $332 million in 4 US factories
- Judges throws out lawsuit over DIA admission
- Detroit Electric revived with $135,000 car
- Blue Cross, Tigers hosting Kids Opening Day on Sunday
- 'Feed Your Soul' with poetry festival in Detroit
- Chilly spell finally broken for a day
- Michigan's Beilein not highest paid coach in NCAA tourney
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.