First responders describe grisly scene in Cipriano murder trial

Court see graphic photos of injuries, crime scene

By Roger Weber - Reporter

PONTIAC, Mich. - Chilling testimony was heard Friday in the Cipriano murder trial against accused accomplice Mitchell Young.

Jurors heard from the police who were the first to arrive at the Farmington Hills home.

They described a grisly scene.

The jury saw graphic photos from the Cipriano home including images of the alleged injuries to Young's face after the attack.

Tucker Cipriano plead no contest to felony murder for his role in the 2012 baseball bat beatings.

Young's defense is to blame the crime on Tucker Cipriano so those images are a key issue in the trial.

WATCH: Tucker Cipriano's interview with police read in court

"I look into that window and shine my light through the window there. Right where the stairs are at if you can see them in the picture, in front of the stairs is a little girl, she's just standing there looking at me wearing just her nightgown," said Farmington Hills officer Eric Buckberry during court testimony.

Buckberry testified he arrived at the Cipriano house just before 3 a.m. on that horrific morning. The girl was 8-year-old Isabella.

Buckberry says Young ran into her, knocked her down and ran up the stairs.  Inside the home Bob Cipriano was found dead, his wife Rose and son Sal were gravely injured.

Tucker Cipriano would be arrested a few hours later, but Young was arrested in the house.

"I addressed Mr. young whose still laying on the floor, still on the ground. He's still crying. I told him to stand up. He stood up," said Buckberry in court. "I asked him what had happened and the only thing he said was Tucker went crazy and started swinging."

Buckberry said Young complained of back and neck pain, but no pain in his jaw. Young claims Tucker Cipriano also hit him with a bat during the attack. The prosecution is challenging that claim. 

Testimony: Mitchell Young never showed emotion

In court, other officers showed photos of Young in the hospital in handcuffs.

The jury also saw photograph of Young's shoes which had blood on them.

Officers testified they don't believe that marks on Young's face were consistent with being hit by a baseball bat.

Police testified that based on their experience Young did not appear to be under the influence of drugs at the time of his arrest.

Testimony in the trial resumes Monday.

Copyright 2013 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.