Gas-operated clothes dryer to blame for Taylor townhouse fire

DTE spokesperson says dryer wasn't hooked up properly

By Larry Spruill - Reporter, Natasha Dado

A townhouse in Taylor exploded Saturday afternoon, blowing the front of the residence completely off. 

Photos from the scene show a gaping hole in the middle of the building that is a part of Heritage Glen Townhomes Apartments. 

It appears that a gas-operated clothes dryer is to blame. A DTE spokesperson says it looks like the dryer wasn't hooked up properly. Local 4 was there minutes after the explosion, which is still under investigation.

Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.