DETROIT - A mother of five, including 7-week-old twins, has lost everything in a house fire early Thursday on Detroit's west side.
LaShawn Bell told Local 4 she doesn't know what she'll do after her home and another home on Steel Street near Schoolcraft caught fire just before 7 a.m.
Bell said a neighbor rushed to their house and started banging on the windows.
"I am shocked. I am hurt because this was my only place to be, but we are blessed to be able to get out of that house alive with nothing wrong with us," Bell said.
Bell is staying with a friend for now.
The fire started at the house next to Bell's and spread to her.
A cause hasn't yet been released.
If you would like to donate to the family you may do so through:
Pastor Brian McKinley at Mount Zion Church on Joy Road.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.