Message from Evrod Cassimy: What a fun weekend! I spent it with my family and best friends. Saturday we went to Top Golf and the Sunday we spent the day at the pool soaking up the sunshine!
Saturday was quite stormy wasn’t it? We didn’t let that stop the fun though. Sunday ended up being really nice and the sun came out despite it being a tad chilly.
Monday on the show we got to try this new flavor ice cream from Hudsonville.
It was good! And then Blake’s Cider Mill brought us some cider and cider donuts! So good! Makes me wish fall was here!
So I just saw that today for Tasty Tuesday we have a place that serves PIZZA NACHOS! If you know me, you know there’s never been a pizza I didn’t like. And I LOVE nachos so tomorrow should be a win-win! I can’t wait to try them and find out where this restaurant is. Join us from 4:30-7am to find out! Have a great day!
Here's what's coming up Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 on Local 4 News Today.
- Watch beginning at 4:30 a.m.
- Sign up for the Morning Show Insider newsletter here!
All Morning -- Weather & Traffic
Brandon: Tuesday may start wet in our North Zone, but most of us will wake up dry tomorrow under partly sunny skies and temps in the upper 40s to low 50s. Those North Zone showers tomorrow will shut off and most of the day looks dry around here as highs take off into the mid 70s or warmer with a midday mix of sun and clouds.
At least one model shows 80°F readings in SE Lower Michigan Tuesday, but that will depend on how much sunshine we get during the day. Shower chances increase late Tuesday into early Wednesday.
- You can get the full forecast here.
Also , our Kim DeGiulio will be updated us on the road conditions.
All Morning -- Jeopardy! James
James Holzhauer isn't invincible after all.
The game show's 32-time champion lost for the first time, falling short of records for total winnings and longest reign, but still making an argument that he's the best to ever play television's most popular game.
We'll recap his final game.
- 'Jeopardy!' James' near record-setting winning streak comes to an end
- What's behind Jeopardy! James Holzhauer's uncharacteristically small final Jeopardy! wager?
5:45 a.m. -- Fertility Insurance
Some of the biggest companies in the country are now offering benefits that literally build a family-friendly work environment by helping to pay to get a family started. We'll explain how it all works.
6:40 a.m. -- Tasty Tuesday
A slice of New York, right here in Detroit. These pies are made by a 6-time World Pizza Games champ. They even have something called Pizza Nachos! We'll try it all out in the morning.
- Everything you need to know about 2020 US Census
- Watch first trailer for Christian Bale, Matt Damon movie 'Ford v. Ferrari'
- You can now make an appointment at Michigan Secretary of State branches
- Scott Dixon wins dramatic Detroit Grand Prix Race 2 on Belle Isle
Today's Trivia Retake
Every morning at 6 a.m., we ask you a trivia question on Local 4 for a chance to win a prize.
- Monday Question: In 1965, this astronaut became the first American to walk in space during the flight of Gemini 4.
- Answer: Edward Higgins White II
- Be sure to watch daily at 6 a.m. and click this link to enter for a chance to win.
National Days: June 4th
- National Old Maids Day
- National Cheese Day
- National Cognac Day
- National SAFE Day
A Look Back at History: June 4th
- In 1812, the Louisiana Territory was renamed the Missouri Territory, to avoid confusion with the recently admitted state of Louisiana. The U.S. House of Representatives approved, 79-49, a declaration of war against Britain.
- In 1919, Congress approved the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, guaranteeing citizens the right to vote regardless of their gender, and sent it to the states for ratification.
- In 1943, the president of Argentina, Ramon Castillo, was overthrown in a military coup.
- In 1954, French Premier Joseph Laniel and Vietnamese Premier Buu Loc signed treaties in Paris according “complete independence” to Vietnam.
- In 1998, a federal judge sentenced Terry Nichols to life in prison for his role in the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
- 2009, The Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup for the fourth time in 11 seasons with a 3-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 of the finals.
Celebrity Birthdays: June 4th
Celebrating a birthday Tuesday? Submit a Sunshine Award here and we could say your name on Local 4 News Today during our 5 a.m. show.
Here's who you're sharing a birthday with --
- Actor Bruce Dern is 83.
- Singer-actress Michelle Phillips (The Mamas and The Papas) is 75.
- Actor Parker Stevenson is 67.
- Actor Keith David (”Barbershop”) is 63.
- Actress Lindsay Frost (“Crossing Jordan”) is 57.
- Actor Scott Wolf (”Party of Five”) is 51.
- Comedian Horatio Sanz (”Saturday Night Live”) is 50.
- Actor Noah Wyle (”ER”) is 48.
- Actor Russell Brand is 44.
- Actress Angelina Jolie is 44.
Get to know the Local 4 News Today team better
Local 4 News Today links
- Morning Show section -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.