DETROIT – SMART Bus commuter routes in Metro Detroit will be replaced with advanced reservation shuttles this week.
See how to reserve a shuttle below.
The change is the latest modification the transportation service will make in the midst of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Services have already been cut.
Beginning Wednesday, the following routes will be replaced with the reservation shuttles:
- 255 Ford Road Express
- 430 Main Street
- 445 Woodward
- 465 Auburn Hills
- 530 Schoenherr
- 562 FAST Gratiot / WSU
- 580 Harper
- 620 Charlevoix
- 635 Jefferson Express
- 805 Grand River Park & Ride
- 830 Downriver Park & Ride
- 849 Northland Park & Ride
- 851 W Bloomfield Park & Ride
How to reserve a ride to get to work:
SMART Commuter Shuttles will run weekdays only in each county. SMART will take steps to limit the number of riders per bus to keep within the social distancing guidelines
1. Riders of a suspended route should call SMART Customer Service at 866-962-5515 and press #1 for Connector or send an email with the following information to email@example.com :
b. Email address
c. Phone number
d. Suspended Route name/number
e. Bus stop location where they board the bus at the beginning of their trip and where they exit the bus downtown.
f. Schedule of weekdays they are working (this can be updated moving forward if you work different days on different weeks).
g. Riders will get the following information upon scheduling a ride:
- location of pick up
- approximate pick-up time for morning and afternoon trips
- type of bus to expect (regular fixed route or smaller connector bus)