ClickOnDetroit Morning Briefing -- May 3, 2020
Here are this morning’s top stories
The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 43,207 as of Sunday, including 4,020 deaths, state officials report. A total of 15,659 recoveries were reported by the state this weekend.
- Tracking Michigan’s active coronavirus (COVID-19) cases
- Michigan COVID-19 cases: State reports 15,659 recoveries
Michigan governor signs executive order extending safety measures protecting consumers and employees
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed Executive Order 2020-71 Saturday. The order extends existing safety measures to protect consumers and employees at grocery stores and pharmacies until May 29.
Tara Reade, the former Senate staffer who alleges Joe Biden sexually assaulted her 27 years ago, says she filed a limited report with a congressional personnel office that did not explicitly accuse him of sexual assault or harassment.
- Flashpoint 5/3/20: Beaumont Health CEO talks layoffs amid outbreak; Congressmen weigh in on Lansing political battle
- SNL star thanks Gov. Whitmer
- Virtual commencement: University of Michigan celebrates graduates online
- Officials urge Michiganders to practice social distancing during warm weekend weather
- ‘Why aren’t you doing anything?’ -- Flight to Michigan makes emergency landing after bloody fight
- Child falls out of 8th-floor window in Southfield
- Riots, escapes and pepper spray: Virus hits juvenile centers
- After COVID-19 recovery, first responders get back to work
- South Korea: Kim did not have surgery amid lingering rumors
- Misery of Italy’s migrants grows not from virus but lockdown
- UN: COVID-19 deaths for people over 80 are 5 times average
- Rivalry Revisited: MSU’s Darien Harris talks about the 2015 blocked punt that stunned at the Big House
- Detroit Tigers offer refunds, credits for tickets for postponed game
- Franklin Football honors former coach Armand Vigna who died from COVID-19
- Forget pro, college sports: Why the absence of youth sports might have biggest impact of all
- NCAA’s top doctor: Testing crucial to having sports in fall
- Women’s soccer claim of unequal pay tossed, can argue travel
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.