Michigan’s ban on evictions amid the coronavirus pandemic has been extended until June 30.
On Thursday, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed Executive Order 2020-118 to extend the duration of protections for tenants and mobile home owners from being evicted from their home until June 30. The order was set to expire at the end of Thursday.
The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 59,496 as of Thursday, including 5,738 deaths, state officials report.
Thursday’s update represents 218 new cases and an additional 27 deaths. Wednesday’s total was 59,278 confirmed cases and 5,711 deaths.
- 19 Metro Detroiters charged in opioid scheme involving 4 doctors, 5 pharmacies, 2 million pills
- Oak Park FedEx facility struggles to mail out packages, residents say
- Report: Quicken Loans is planning to go public
- Macomb County Prosecutor will not authorize charges against Amazon driver arrested by Warren officer
- Gov. Whitmer: June 2020 is Pride Month in Michigan
- Statues boarded up in London as more protests expected
- Prosecutors question Italy’s Conte over slow virus lockdowns
- Stock markets pick up after heavy Wall Street rout