A teen was shot and injured while playing basketball on Detroit’s west side Friday evening, police say.
President Donald Trump is expected to announce Saturday that he is nominating Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court as he aims to put a historic conservative stamp on the high court just weeks before the election.
Searchers combing the area where a Ukrainian military aircraft crashed found two more bodies on Saturday, bringing the death toll to 26. One person survived.
The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 120,526 as of Saturday morning, including 6,708 deaths, state officials report.
Here’s a look at more of the data:
- Track the live Michigan Weather Radar here
- Track severe weather alerts here
- Submit storm photos here
- Find more weather forecast articles at Weather Center
- Michigan Gov. Whitmer proclaims Saturday ‘Downtown Day’
- Michigan movie theaters, bowling alleys can reopen Oct. 9
- Flashpoint 9/27/20: Candidates in race for Michigan’s 8th Congressional District to debate live
- Harper Woods man arraigned in connection with fatal hit-and-run on I-94
- 3 charged in connection with assault that disfigured Pontiac man’s hand
- Portland, Oregon, braces itself for large right-wing rally
- Federal judge extends count for US census until end of October
- It’s ‘now or never’ for ex-Trump aides weighing speaking out
- Yom Kippur synagogue attack leaves German Jews still uneasy