MACOMB COUNTY, Mich. - Authorities are continuing their probe into alleged dirty politics in Macomb County as a company comes forward and points a finger at Macomb Township Trustee Dino Bucci for extortion.
Macomb County is abuzz Monday after learning who the targets are for the ongoing federal probe. But one company isn't waiting for the feds and is going after Bucci for extortion.
- Dearborn police ask public for help with homicide investigation
- Family dog attacks, kills 4-year-old girl, mother in Sherman Township
- Chief Craig frustrated with decision to release man arrested in graffiti…
- Low enrollment plagues A. Philip Randolph Technical High School
- Driver killed in crash on Detroit's west side
"Mr. Bucci called my client and asked to meet them in a parking lot," Attorney Benjamin Aloia said.
That was the beginning of the shakedown, according to the attorney representing a contractor in Macomb County.
Gianna Investments LLC said it's entitled to have fees returned. According to the lawsuit, Bucci told Gianna that he would see their $151,000 was returned as long as he and Bucci would get $75,000 of it. Bucci is also the county's deputy public works commissioner.
"It was offensive to my client," Aloia said.
You can watch Mara MacDonald's full story in the video posted above.
Copyright 2016 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.