DETROIT - Here are the top things to know on the morning of Monday, Nov. 19, 2018:
- It's icy and foggy out there on the roads. Drivers are advised to take it slow.
- ALERT: Southbound I-275 closed at Northline Road in Romulus due to crash
- Track live traffic conditions here.
- According to authorities, Billy Marsee is responsible for a series of burglaries from cars and home invasions. In one of the home invasions, police believe he stole ammunition and a bulletproof vest -- view his photo here.
- Firefighters from Inkster, Wayne, Westland, Dearborn Heights and Garden City worked tirelessly to contain the quick moving fire that started at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday at the Canterbury Woods Apartments located near the intersection of Tobin Drive and Beech Daly Road. More than 20 families have lost everything and two buildings were destroyed.
GAS PRICES DOWN:
- AAA Michigan says average gas prices statewide are down 12 cents in the past week to about $2.49 per gallon ahead of the Thanksgiving travel period.
View more Local News headlines here.
- We will be mostly cloudy most of the day with highs only warming to near 37 degrees with winds SSW 5-10 mph. Snow is heading our way this evening and tonight. Snow may start as early as 7 or 8 p.m. -- view the full forecast here.
- Thanksgiving forecast: We’ll start around 20 degrees with a decent breeze keeping wind chills in the teens early.
- 10 a.m. -- The Skillman Foundation and The Parade Company will announce the winner of the 27th Annual Skillman Foundation Float Design Contest for America's Thanksgiving Parade.
- One-third of US parents plan to skip flu shots for their kids
- Camp Fire death toll reaches 77 as list of missing drops
- Chris Watts to be sentenced in killing of daughters, pregnant wife
- Watch the sentencing live here at noon.
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.