DETROIT - Tickets for metro Detroit's annual America's Thanksgiving Parade are now on sale.
The parade is the morning of Thanksgiving on Thursday, Nov. 22.
This is the 86th year for the American's Thanksgiving Parade, which considered one of the oldest and most celebrated parades in the country.
The Parade Company is selling grandstand tickets which offer metro Detroiters a prime location to see the parade up close and personal. The non profit has up to 10,000 seats available.
The following is the breakdown of six different options for tickets:
- Character Breakfast and Grandstand Seat - held at The Tiger Club inside Comerica Park, guests will get to have fun at this great family breakfast along with Clownie and a bunch of his character friends! Grandstand seats are near Foxtown and are priced at $50 each.
- Grandstand Seat with Breakfast - seating includes access to The Parade Company's pre-Parade breakfast. Location is at the Hard Rock Café on Monroe Street. Grandstand seats are located in Grand Circus Park and Campus Martius area and are priced at $50 each.
- TV Zone Grandstand Seat - seating is located in the Merchants Row area where the Parade is broadcast live to millions. These tickets also include viewing of WDIV Local 4's one hour pre-show. These tickets are priced at $45 each.
- Grandstand Seat (Campus Martius) - seating is located at Campus Martius and these tickets are priced at $40 each.
- Grandstand Seat (Foxtown & Grand Circus Park) - seating is located at Foxtown and Grand Circus Park and these tickets are priced at $35 each.
- Grandstand Seat (Step-Off) - seating is located at step-off (Mack and Woodward Avenue) and these tickets are priced at $30 each. This seating location includes the physically challenged viewing area and guests are instructed to call The Parade Company office to make arrangements.
- The Parade Company recommends people buy their tickets early as it expects it to sell out. For more information on how to purchase a ticket, click here.
America's Thanksgiving Parade starts at Woodward Avenue and Mack at about 9:20 a.m. Thanksgiving morning. It ends at Woodward Avenue and Congress.
WDIV Local 4 broadcasts the parade live every year.
The Parade Company is a non profit organization whose mission is to fund, create and execute the best family events in metro Detroit. Their events include the Target Fireworks, Fifth Third Turkey Trot and America's Thanksgiving Parade.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.